Soft and gooey Strawberry White Chocolate Blondies. Made with nutty browned butter, sweet and juicy strawberries, strawberry jam, and white chocolate. Then generously glazed with a sweet, thick, and creamy strawberry icing. There’s really nothing not to love about these seasonal blondies. Brown butter and strawberry jam keep these blondies incredibly flavorful, soft, gooey, and so delicious. They’re sweet, salty, heavy on the strawberries, and so delicious.
I didn’t always bake with strawberries, but I’ve always loved a sweet, ripe spring strawberry. Now that I’ve grown up I do actually bake with them, and creating spring berry recipes has been so much fun. I’ve been getting more and more excited every season.
This year, I’m having the most fun creating new recipes that aren’t like any others I’ve shared. I think we all know that when it comes to sweets, I lean towards everything chocolate.
But ohhh how I adore these blondies. I made them just this week and had to share them immediately.
I’ve made a few blondie bars in the past, coffee chocolate chip, peanut butter, and even apple, but these are the most different for me.
They have three different strawberries – fresh spring berries, sweet strawberry jam, and dried strawberry powder. Triple berry! And extra yummy.
I wanted these to have the most incredible strawberry flavor – and real strawberry flavor. So many strawberry desserts have everything but real strawberries and just a lot of pink food coloring. I always try my best to avoid that.
I used strawberry jam swirled throughout the dough. Then fresh strawberries baked on top and freeze-dried strawberries in the icing.
Start out by browning salted butter on the stove. Browning the butter really adds a rich nutty flavor to these bars and makes them just a touch cozier. Once the butter is browned, remove it from the stove, and dump in all the remaining ingredients.
You’ll first add honey to sweeten, then a couple eggs, vanilla, whole wheat flour, lemon zest, and sea salt. Once the dough is mixed, swirl in the jam and a big handful of white chocolate chips.
This makes up the dough. Simple. Simple. But trust me, it’s going to be good.
Spread the dough out into a pan. Now, take the chopped strawberries and sprinkle them on top of the dough, then bake. As the bars bake away, you’ll have incredible wafts of sweet berries and butter in the air. Wonderful spring/summer scents.
For the icing, mix melted butter with sweet sugar, freeze-dried strawberry powder, and vanilla. For the strawberry powder, you can buy it on Amazon, or make your own by blending dried strawberries into a fine powder. You can do this in a food processor or blender.
You don’t have to make the icing, the blondies are wonderful on their own. But the icing makes these not only prettier but really good.
Perfect blondies to bake for both spring and summer, and especially for upcoming Mother’s Day (it’s May 14th!). They’re pretty hard not to love.
Looking for other spring strawberry recipes? Here are some favorites:
Iced Strawberry Milk Matcha Latte
Strawberry Chamomile Naked Cake
Lemon Strawberry Dutch Baby with Ricotta Cream
Double Strawberry Sugar Cookies
Lastly, if you make these Strawberry White Chocolate Blondies, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Strawberry White Chocolate Blondies
Servings: 24 bars
Calories Per Serving: 232 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup honey or light brown sugar (I prefer honey)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Strawberry jam
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons freeze dried strawberry powder
- 1/4 cup hot milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.2. Add the butter to a medium pot set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown, until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Let cool 5 minutes. Whisk in the honey, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing until just combined. 3. Add spoonfuls of the jam to the dough. Sprinkle over the white chocolate. Then, fold the jam and chocolate into the dough, creating swirls of strawberry jam throughout.4 Spread the dough out into the prepared dish. Evenly sprinkle the fresh strawberries over the dough. Bake for 22-25 minutes, just until set in the center. 5. To make the icing, mix all ingredients in a bowl with 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry powder. Add additional milk to thin, as needed.6. Drizzle the glaze over the bars. Let set for 5 minutes. Cut into bars, snack, and enjoy!
View Recipe Comments
To Make Strawberry Powder: In a blender or food processor, process 3 cups freeze-dried strawberries into a fine powder.
I made this for Mother’s Day and everyone loved it. All the different ways the strawberries were incorporated gave the treat so much flavor.
Happy Sunday!!🍍🥥 Thank you so much for trying this recipe and your feedback, so glad to hear it was enjoyed! xT