Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies.
Just because it’s Friday…Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies. You don’t need to be a skilled baker to bake up these deliciously EASY blondies. These bars require just one bowl, pantry staple ingredients, and take almost no effort to make. They’re sweet, salty, peanutty, extra chocolatey, and every last bite is truly delicious. The perfect treat to bring along to your next fall dinner or game day outing. Nothing not to love!
The first Friday in September requires something chocolatey and something peanutty, don’t you agree?
I didn’t do this intentionally, but looking back at the first Friday of September over the past couple years, I’ve shared a new peanut butter and chocolate dessert each time. Last year it was these crazy good brownies and the year before, it was buckeye ice cream. It’s clear this time of year has me thinking about all things peanut butter and chocolate…and all things football too.
Why? Because I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. And you want to know possibly the best thing to come out of the state of Ohio?
And no, not the ones that fall from the trees, the peanut butter and chocolate kind. Anyone from Ohio knows what I’m talking about, buckeyes are simply the best. If you’re unfamiliar, they are peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. And even though they are simple, they are so so good.
We could not love them more, and to me, they also represent the start of football season. My mom used to make buckeyes every single fall around this time. She was a true pro and I really need to get her recipe and recreate them. I’ve made a healthier version, but not the real deal. Until then, let me tell you about these blondies.
Originally, I had something else planned for today. But the recipe I had planned to share still needs some adjusting, so these blondies came into play. And to be very honest, I like these so much more than what I had planned on sharing anyway. Like so much more.
These blondies are a game-changer. First of all they could not be easier to make. Pantry ingredients, 1 bowl, 15 minutes to prep, 25 minutes to bake, and that’s it. Simple. Simple.
Most importantly though? These blondies are mouthwateringly good. Doughy, peanutty, chocolatey, sweet, and just perfectly salty. Pretty much the best dessert combo there is.
To make these blondies the process is pretty effortless.
Start out by browning salted butter on the stove. Browning the butter really adds a rich nutty flavor to these bars and makes them just a touch cozier. Perfect as we slowly head into the cooler days of Autumn. Once the butter is browned, remove from the stove and dump in all the remaining ingredients. Yes, everything just goes right on in.
Well, don’t add the chocolate chips. Those go in very last after the dough has had a few minutes to cool off a bit.
OK, and don’t add the pretzels either, those go on top.
But everything else? The eggs, the peanut butter, vanilla, flour, etc…it all goes into one pot. Once the dough has cooled off, stir in the chocolate chips, then press the dough into the baking dish, swirl in some additional peanut butter, add the pretzels on top, and bake. Twenty..ish minutes later you’ll have the best, gooiest blondies.
I really can’t describe how good these are. Just trust me here.
Make these this weekend for Sunday’s football game. Then keep the recipe in your back pocket for upcoming fall gatherings, tailgate parties, and soon enough…the holidays. These blondies will be great for it all.
And if you’re looking for something sweet for your Friday night, make these! The combination of peanut butter, sweet chocolate, and salty pretzels is pretty hard not to love. And if you don’t have time to wait for them cool? Grab a fork and dive in – family style.
Warm peanutty, chocolatey, salty blondies…SO GOOD.
So, with that enjoy your weekend, bake blondies, and I’ll see you back here Sunday!
If you make these chocolate peanut butter pretzel blondies be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Blondies
These bars require just one bowl, pantry staple ingredients, and take almost no effort to make. They’re sweet, salty, peanutty, extra chocolatey, and every last bite is delicious.
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) salted butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 20 mini pretzel twists
- 1-2 ounces milk chocolate, melted (optional)
- flaky sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Add the butter to a medium pot set over medium heat. Allow the butter to brown lightly until it smells toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir often. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter, the brown sugar, and sugar. Let this cool until no longer hot, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour and baking powder. Transfer the dough to the freezer and chill 5 minutes or until the dough is no longer warm to the touch. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Spread 1/2 the dough out into the prepared dish. Dollop and then gently swirl the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter into the dough. Add the remaining dough over top, don't worry if it does not fully cover the peanut butter. Arrange the pretzels over top the dough, gently pressing to adhere. Transfer to the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes, just until set in the center. Remove from the oven and drizzle with melted milk chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt (if desired). Let cool. Cut into bars. Store for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Our Favorite Recipes
Better Together Chocolate Vanilla Birthday Cake.