Pomegranate Ginger Paloma.
Happy Saturday Guys!!
Are you ready for the return of Christmas Drink Saturday?!?! After many of you kindly took the time to comment and email me, asking for the return of the holiday drinks, I decided that Christmas Drink Saturday clearly needed to be brought back! This year I’m starting a week early, for two reasons.
Reason one: Thanksgiving is this Thursday and I think it just feels fitting to have a holiday drink for this big holiday too!
Reason two: When I sat down last weekend to plot out my holiday drinks, I was three over my limit. Yes, THREE. So I decided to throw in an extra drink that’s perfect for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Cool, cool! 🙂
To kick things off, I’m starting with one of my favorite drinks of the bunch. This Paloma is all things Holiday…and it’s perfection…fizzy, minty, gingery, full of sweet pomegranate, and um tequila too! Perfect drink to mix up for any holiday party. The simple syrup makes enough for at least four drinks, but can easily be doubled, or tripled, for a large batch of drinks. My special Christmas touch to these drinks though?
It’s not traditional in Palomas, but it’s so much better than using club soda and adds a killer ginger flavor, which to me, just screams the holidays! Of course, if you prefer, you can obviously use club soda or anything with some fizz! Either way, these drinks are going to be delish! Bring on the holiday festivities!
Pomegranate Ginger Paloma.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 inch fresh ginger chopped
- 8 leaves mint
- crushed ice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/3 cup grapefruit juice
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2-4 tablespoons ginger syrup
- 2-3 ounces tequila
- ginger beer or sparkling water for topping
- Bring 1/2 cup water, the honey and ginger to a boil over high heat. Once boiling simmer, 1-2 minutes and then remove from the heat. Add the mint, cover and steep 10-15 minutes. Strain out the ginger and mint. Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Fill your glass halfway with ice. Add the pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice, syrup, and tequila. Stir to combine and then top with ginger beer. Garnish with mint. enjoy!
Pitcher Style Pomegranate Ginger Paloma.
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup ginger syrup or to taste, recipe above
- 1 1/2 cups silver tequila or to your liking
- 4 cup pomegranate juice
- ginger beer for topping (or sparkling water)
- In a large pitcher, combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice, ginger syrup, tequila, and pomegranate juice. Chill until ready to serve. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer.
Cheers to the start of all things festive, fun…and boozy!