So can we talk about Christmas drinks??
Because it’s “Christmas Drink Saturday”!! Yes, yes, yes!
I have a few drinks to share this month and I’m pretty excited about them… OKAY, really excited about them! My family has been getting me into this whole mixed drink thing and even though I am not big on alcohol, I’m really having fun making them drinks. I will not lie, I am not the world’s best mixologist. I have made a few too many REALLY strong drinks (think sanitize your cuts STRONG). SO, I am sticking to pretty simple recipes, but learning a little more as I go.
I’m kicking off “Christmas Drink Saturday” with this festive sangria. It’s got all the flavors of Christmas + a bottle of wine. Yes, a little white wine, a little ginger beer, a little apple cider, some brandy, a few pears, a few oranges and a bunch of pomegranate arils. It’s definitely on the sweeter side due to the apple cider and ginger, so you have to be into a sweet drink. If you are, this is totally for you, and I gotta say, it’s pretty delicious!
And totally pretty! Perfect for your holiday parties!! Bring on the holiday entertaining!
- 1 bottle white wine 750ml
- 1 ounce ginger beer plus more for topping if desired, 12
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 pears sliced
- 3 oranges sliced
- arils from 1 pomegranate
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon sugar for the rims of your glasses (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredient. Stir and then place in the fridge until chilled. Don't chill for longer than a few hours or the ginger beer will lose its fizz.
- Before serving, rim your glasses with cinnamon sugar. Fill each glass with ice and pour the sangria over the ice. If desired top with more ginger beer. Garnish with sliced of pears, oranges and pomegranate arils. Drink up!
I am so ready for some Christmas Cheers!!
P.S. All the remaining drink recipes have fun quick videos, so get ready for next Saturday!! 🙂