So I have been grilling a lot of corn this summer.
I figured it would be nice for me to show you guys exactly how I do it. I think it is a pretty awesome method.
Plus, I am giving you a few of my very favorite butters to slather on to all the that perfectly charred corn.
First, you’re gonna want to preheat your grill to high heat.
Then completely remove the husk from the corn.
Now rub the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Next take a small sheet of tin foil and wrap each sheet around the corn so there is only one layer of foil covering the corn.
Throw the foil covered corn directly on the grill. Grill the corn for twenty to twenty-five minutes, rotating the corn three or four times. After twenty minutes or so, remove the layer of foil and grill the corn for five to ten minutes longer or until the corn is lightly charred all over.
Remove from the grill.
Oh, and while the corn is grilling I like to stir together whatever butter I am making to go along with the corn. I think my favorite is the chipotle lime with cotija cheese.
Or maybe the blue cheese. Can’t decide.
Let the corn cool for five minutes and then slather with butter.
Stand the corn up right like the photo below.
Then using a sharp knife cut into the corn and slice the kernels.
Now you can stir the corn into……
I told you I liked corn.
Exactly How I Grill My Corn + Chipotle Lime and Cotija Cheese Butter
Servings: 6 Ears of corn
Calories Per Serving: 240 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 6 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Chipotle Lime and Cotija Cheese Butter
Parmesan Basil Butter
Jalapeno Lime Butter
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 small jalapeno seeded
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Blue Cheese Butter
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4-1/3 cup fresh blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper.1/4 teaspoon salt
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat the grill on the highest setting.
- Remove the husk from each ear of corn. Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the corn in one layer of aluminum foil. Grill for about 5 minutes each “side” – rotating corn 3 times during grilling.
- After the corn has been on the grill for 20 to 25 minutes I like to remove the foil and let the corn cook on the grill 5 to 6 minutes longer. This help the corn get a nice smoky grilled flavor and it leaves delicious charred marks.
- Remove the corn from the grill and if eating straight off the cob, allow the corn to cool 3 minutes. Then brush with butter and eat.
- If you would like to remove the corn from the cob allow the corn to cool completely, about 5 to 10 minutes. Then place the corn on a cutting board, holding it near the top of the ear. Using a sharp knife, start at the top and cut downward, cutting the corn from the cob. Continue cutting until all of the corn is removed.
- For the the chipotle lime and cotija cheese butter, combine all ingredients except the cheese and mix well. Rub the corn with the butter and then sprinkle on the cheese.
- For the jalapeño lime butter place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- For parmesan basil butter and blue cheese butter combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- The butter can be made ahead and stored in the refriderator for up to two weeks.
So simple, so easy, so good and so summer!