Ok, this is my last Halloween related recipe. Promise.
Seriously it is. I already have a Thanksgiving post lined up! Anyone one else getting ready for the holidays? Or am I the only crazy exited holiday freak out there? In my defense there is a lot of people in my family which means lots of food!
I actually was not even planning on posting these little guys, but they just turned out so cute that I had to share! I had leftover candy eyes and black candy rope from my Black Brownie Spiders so throwing these together was no big deal. They are going to be the perfect treat for the Tricks for Treat rail jam my little brother is competing in today!
Yummy peanut butter cookies topped with a Reese!
You have to work fast once the cookies come out of the oven and gently push each mini Reese into the middle of the cookie so it sinks and begins to melt a little into the cookie itself. Then let them cool off a little and just attach the legs and eyes using some melted chocolate.
Very easy, really fun, and really goood!
Before we get to the recipe though here is whats for dinner this week!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Homemade Sourdough Bread Bowls
Potato Chip Chicken (for the picky eaters!)
Baked Chipotle Chicken Taquitos
Homemade Pot Stickers
Squash and Sausage Shepherds Pie
Ya, we have some picky eaters in the house! Working on them though!
Peanut Butter Blossom Spiders
Servings: 40 Spiders
Calories Per Serving: 129 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 30-40 cups mini peanut butter unwrapped
- 60-80 Candy eyes*
- inch Black candy rope* cut into one legs
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Top each cookie immediately with a peanut butter cup, placed upside down. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Well the cookies are cooling melt the rest of the chocolate chips in the microwave stirring every 15 seconds until melted.
- Once the cookies have cooled, cut liquorice into 1 inch pieces. Using melted candy, attach 4 legs to each side of the peanut butter cup near the very bottom, and stick two eyes on top. Let set until chocolate is firm.
View Recipe Comments
* I bought both my candy eyes and rope at Target if you can not get these M&M's or another small round candy would work for the eyes. For the legs you could cut up black licorice or just use chocolate cover pretzel sticks.
Happy Sunday! Make some cookies and watch some football!