You know, life’s really about the simple things.
Things like summer cookouts with family and friends, bowls of fresh-cut fruit and um… S’mores.
Because a S’more will always be the perfect way to end a summer night.
Mmmm, a warm summer night, a beach, a bonfire and these S’mores, what could be better?
Well, at least that’s what I’m dreaming of.
In all seriousness though, these cookie S’mores where a huge hit. They are nothing fancy, but Asher has been eating them like crazy. She begs for them after school and her cute little smile has won me over every time. We even had some fun taking photos together while trying to eat S’mores. She was definitely all happy, but my camera? Well that could have done without the sticky marshmallow and melted chocolate fingers. Ugh, it took me forever to get it clean.
You probably didn’t know this, but marshmallows are also crazy fun to light on fire and then try to photograph.
Weird I know, but I had a blast doing so.
I actually had a hard time stopping with the marshmallow photos. Pretty sure I went through almost the whole bag just burning them up and taking pictures.
My mom thought I was insane, but Asher was in love with me because she got to eat marshmallow after marshmallow. Now that girl knows how to be at the right place at the right time – and how to live up her childhood years.
So basically, I used my very favorite oatmeal cookie recipe and just added some graham crackers.
Simple as that.
Then all that’s left to do is to grab your traditional S’more ingredients.
Toast up the marshmallows.
Smash them together.
Proof that we had fun with these:
And that they are delicious.
And that they are a crazy messy.
Which of course can only mean that they are crazy good!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip + Graham Cracker Cookie S’mores.
Servings: 28 Cookies
Calories Per Serving: 308 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip + Graham Cracker Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil use a little more if dough seems too dry
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks + more if desired
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs try to leave some big chunks of graham cracker
- 12 marshmallows [homemade | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/smore-doughnut-sandwich-with-easy-homemade-beer-marshmallows/] or store-bought
- 2 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer add the oatmeal, flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, canola oil, eggs and vanilla, beat until the dough is moist and all the ingredients are combined. The dough will be crumbly. Mix in the the graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips.
- Using your hands clump together a tablespoon of dough. Use you hands to really squeeze the dough into a ball (It will be crumbly, but just keep squeezing!!). If the mixture is not holding together, add 1 tablespoon more of oil. Place on prepared baking sheet. If your balls are a little crumbly do not worry, they will come together while baking. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Take two cookies (semi warm cookies if possible) and place two squares of chocolate on the bottom of each cookie. Roast your marshmallow over the fire, stove or in the oven. Place the roasted marshmallows on top of one of the chocolate pieces. Place the other cookie on top and sandwich them together. EAT! Make as many s'mores as you wish!
View Recipe Comments
*Cookies are adapted from my [VERY FAVORITE recipe | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/moms-simple-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-best-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies-around/].
I mean, right?!? Ooey, gooey, chocolatey, oatmeal cookie goodness. Nothing better.