Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with Chili Garlic Oil and Herbs.
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with Chili Garlic Oil and Herbs…this is that can’t beat brunch dish that everyone loves. Roasted baby potatoes, crispy bacon, and soft-boiled eggs, all served together and topped with a garlic chili oil and plenty of fresh herbs. Bonus? The potatoes and bacon are cooked together on ONE sheet pan, making this a super easy way to serve brunch.
Switching things up today and sharing a savory breakfast recipe. I know it’s much more of the norm for me to share a sweet breakfast recipe, but lately I’m very much into three things: potatoes, eggs, and garlic. Ever since I made this sheet pan salmon and potatoes a few weeks back, I’ve been on a huge roasted baby-potatoes kick.
Simply can’t get enough. For whatever reason the idea of a breakfast potato dish sounded so good to me. And while I hesitated creating this recipe for a while, because that’s what I do, I over think. I’m really glad I finally worked up the courage, not only create this recipe, but to share it too!
If you follow along on Instagram, I shared a story the other week about all the recipes I’ve photographed, but never actually shared. I can’t tell you all just how much I shoot, but then never share. Either I’m afraid it’s too out-there of a recipe, and no one will like it. Or I just don’t love how the photos turned out.
I know, it’s beyond craziness. And as hard as it is for me to do, I’m really trying to let this over-thinking and over-analyzing go. Because there have been too many recipes over the years that I’ve never shared, but personally loved.
This is one of those recipes that I was on the fence about sharing. But the bottom line is, not only do I love it, but my family loves it too.
SO, I am really excited to share it!
The idea for this dish came from the classic breakfast the everyone loves so much, potatoes, eggs, and bacon. More traditionally this type of dish is served in the form of hash browns, scrambled eggs, and pan-fried bacon. It’s a combo that pretty much everyone loves and rarely tires of.
Me being me, wanted to put a fresh twist on that classic combo. As I said, I am loving roasted baby potatoes right now, so I knew I needed to incorporate them into this dish. In thinking about the baby potatoes, it reminded me of these roasted potatoes with spring herbs and burrata. From the second I pulled up that post, I knew that the burrata needed to be swapped for soft-boiled eggs. From there, I added bacon, and then, suddenly I had breakfast potatoes.
The potatoes and bacon are both roasted together on the same sheet pan, making this a much easier potato, bacon, and egg brunch than others. The bacon crisps up over top of the potatoes. This makes for some seriously awesome roasted potatoes that have a touch of smoky flavor. Delicious.
While the potatoes are baking are in the oven, soft or hard boil a whole bunch of eggs. Then make a quick chili garlic oil.
You guys know me, I love a good saucy dish, so the chili garlic oil is a must. I like to finish the dish with a whole bunch of fresh basil. Not only is this dish a little garlicky, and a little spicy, it’s also herby, yum!
Once the potatoes and bacon are roasted and crispy, I like to spoon them onto a serving plate. Then simply break the eggs over the potatoes. I’m all about a soft-boiled egg, but really you can do what you love. Even a batch of scrambled eggs would be delicious.
Finish the potatoes off with a drizzle of the chili garlic oil and your breakfast potatoes are complete. Oh, and maybe add some fresh dill and chives, because you really can’t go wrong adding a couple extra herbs. The more better, if you ask me.
Serve these for Saturday or Sunday brunch, but then save the leftovers for lunch throughout the week. These are SO good spooned over a bowl of greens…breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
If you make these crispy breakfast potatoes, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Crispy Breakfast Potatoes with Chili Garlic Oil and Herbs.
This is that can't beat brunch dish that everyone loves. Roasted baby potatoes, crispy bacon, and soft-boiled eggs, all served together and topped with a garlic chili oil and plenty of fresh herbs. Bonus? The potatoes and bacon are cooked together on ONE sheet pan!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved if large
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6 soft or hard boiled eggs, halved or quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. On a large baking sheet, toss together the olive oil, potatoes, lemon zest, parmesan, and a small pinch each of salt and pepper. Lay the bacon flat, draped over the potatoes. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, toss and continue roasting another 20-25 minutes, or until golden and the bacon crisp. If the bacon begins getting too crisp before the potatoes are done, remove the bacon from the oven.
3. Meanwhile, make the garlic chili oil. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant, 8-10 minutes. Stir in the basil, cook 30 seconds more. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Remove the potatoes and bacon from the oven and transfer to a serving plate, draining off any excess grease. Arrange the eggs over the potatoes. Drizzle with garlic chili oil and finish with fresh dill and chives. Serve warm.
Our Favorite Recipes
Chipotle Black Bean, Brown Rice, and Mango Quesadillas.