This simple one skillet Creamy White Chicken Chili Corn Dip incorporates all the flavors of my favorite white chicken chili into the creamiest, cheesiest corn-filled dip. Perfect for late summer parties and fall game-day festivities. Made with poblano peppers, sweet corn, beans, shredded chicken, and of course, with cheese on top. It’s spicy, creamy, and so delicious. Serve this up dip-style with fresh toppings and tortilla chips on the side for scooping.
We’ve got one last extra cheesy corn recipe for these early September days. It’s crazy that tomorrow is September first. But with September now here, both the start of fall and the beginning of football season are upon us.
Of course, we still have plenty of warm days left. But September is always so exciting with everything we have to look forward to. Game days with friends cheering on our favorite teams. Crisp fall days, apple picking, and enjoying cider doughnuts. Then on to Halloween fun, and, of course, the holiday season.
I love fall so much. And I love this recipe. It’s the perfect transitional recipe. Great for end-of-summer days and perfect for fall entertaining.
I adapted the recipe based on my white chicken chili I made last season. Over the last year, that chili has become a staple. It’s my favorite chili recipe and most of my family’s too.
To put it simply, this is white chili minus any broth and made with the addition of cream cheese, sour cream, and cheese. It’s all made and baked in one skillet in less than an hour’s time.
Cook the onion and vegetables until they smell fragrant. Then turn off the heat and add the creamy things – cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix in sweet corn, beans, salsa verde, and a handful of shredded chicken.
At this point, you can bake the dip in the skillet, assuming it’s oven safe. I love to use my Staub cast iron skillet for this.
If you don’t have an oven-safe dish, transfer the dip to a baking dish. I did end up transferring my dip to a baking dish, but only for photo purposes. Otherwise, I would have kept the dip in my skillet!
Now top with cheese and bake until the cheese is melty and the dip is bubbling up the sides.
I always top this with chunks of avocado, fresh cilantro, and green onions. Then a couple of dollops of plain yogurt on top are pretty delicious too. Oh, and tortillas chips are a must for scooping. A must.
That’s pretty much it. Simple as can be, but every scoop of creamy, cheesy dip is so delicious. Think a little spicy, very creamy, filled with lots of sweet corn, topped cheese, and then all those toppings. I love a simple appetizer that shocks people with its deliciousness.
We’re ready for game days ahead!
Looking for other appetizers with a little kick? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make this Easy White Chicken Chili Corn Dip be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Easy White Chicken Chili Corn Dip
Calories Per Serving: 393 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups fresh corn
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1-2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, green onions, avocado, and lime, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven 400° F. 2. Heat the olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, poblano peppers, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, until very fragrant. 3. Remove from the heat. Mix in the cream cheese, sour cream, corn, beans, salsa verde, and chicken until combined. Scatter both cheese over the dish. 4. Bake 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top, as desired, with yogurt/sour cream, cilantro, onions, and jalapeño. Serve with tortilla chips.