Thick + Creamy Chocolate Pistachio Chia Shake.
Time to jump on this whole chia seed bandwagon.
Actually, I have been eating chia seeds for years, but this is the very first time I have used them in anything other than yogurt.
I always make giant yogurt bowls (again, hyped on the bowl food) with pomegranate arils (or any other berry/fruit depending on the season), almonds and or pistachios and chia seeds. It is super simple, but I eat these yogurt bowls almost every single day. If you know me, than you know I am a nut and greek yogurt loving freak. I eat the two of them together all the time.
Not that I have any problem with that.
I feel like we should talk a little bit about this new look the site has.
I mean it has been live since Friday.
So yeah, I think it is time to chit-chat a little about it.
First of all, what do you think?
I am hopping you guys are loving it as much as I do. It is fun right?
I think some of my favorite parts are the cute little forks scattered throughout the site. Melissa + Erin did a great job.
I absolutely love Melissa’s designs. She is one talented women and if you ask me she is killing it in both the blogging and design worlds. And now, on top of all that, she is learning to master the new mommy world as well!
Somehow she totally got what I was going for and even showed me that I can like the color pink. Just so you know, I have never, ever like the color pink. Ask anyone and they will tell you I am a true tomboy at heart, so the pink was definitely a surprise, but I am kind of loving it.
Other than the design of the site, everything else should pretty much work the same.
Be sure to let me know if there are any issues you guys run into. There are always a few kinks to work out in the first couple days, so please leave a comment or shoot me an email.
Ahhh….. and isn’t the font the cutest? I love the font.
I feel like it is just refreshing. New year… new clean and pretty site. YES! I have been wanting a new design since I started Half Baked Harvest, so I am pumped.
Oh, and I am kind pumped over these shakes. Although they are honestly more like soft serve ice cream. It just depends on how much almond milk you use, but I left mine thick. I am a sucker for soft serve. DQ was my childhood favorite.
Chocolate Pistachio Chia Shake.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk plus more to thin if desired
- 2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 3 whole medjool dates pitted
- 1/3 cup roasted + shelled pistachios plus more for topping
- 3 frozen medium + very ripe bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or use coconut milk yogurt for a vegan option
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl mix together the milk and chia seeds. Let this sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the pistachios and dates to the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until the mixture becomes finely chopped and almost butter like, scraping down the side as you go. You want to get it as smooth as possible. I let the mixture blend for about 5 minutes.
- To the blender add the chia seeds + milk mixture, the frozen banana chunks, cocoa powder, greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend until thick, creamy, and smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. If the shake is too thick add more milk to your liking.
Go ahead, be as indulgent as you like – they won’t hurt a bit!