Happy Cocktail Saturday guys!!
I decided to celebrate the first Saturday of June with an extra summery drink, the Pimms Cup…or Pimms Punch Bowl (or even Pimms Pitcher) filled with some of summer’s best, plus my very favorite Elderflower liqueur. Since June is here, it’s time to kick off “Summertime Cocktail Saturday”! Every Saturday I’ll be posting a new summer inspired cocktail recipe…yes, meaning all summer long we’ll be drinking summery cocktails. Saturdays are about to be SO much more fun.
So let’s chat about the Pimms in this cocktail. Pimms is something new to me, but I’m loving this gin based alcohol. It’s perfect for pairing with summer fruits, and I LOVE it with St-Germain, aka Elderflower liqueur. It’s just super fun, fruity and refreshing.
Here’s how this drink goes. Add everything to a glass, bowl, or giant pitcher and DONE. Yes, it’s as simple as that. If you wanted to take things a step further, you could soak the fruits in the boozy mix for a few hours before serving for some serious flavor, but if time is short, no biggie!
I garnished my cocktail with some fresh thyme, mint, and flowers. Pretty and delicious!
I decided it might be best to give you guys both the single serve version and the party style version, because sometimes you just need one cocktail…and other times you need to hydrate a crowd. Plus, all summer parties need this fun drink, trust me.
Strawberry Melon Elderflower Pimms Cup
- 4 cucumber slices
- 2 strawberries sliced
- 4 melon balls
- 2-3 lemons slices
- 3 ounces Pimms No 1
- 1 1/2 ounces Elderflower liquor (St-Germain)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- crushed ice
- ginger beer, for topping
- fresh thyme and mint, for serving
1. In the bottom of a tall glass, layer the cucumbers, strawberries, melon balls, and lemon slices, filling the glass about half way. Pour the Pimms, Elderflower liquor, and lemon juice over the cucumbers and fruit. Gently stir to combine. Add crushed ice and then top with ginger beer. Garnish with thyme and mint. Drink up!
Strawberry Melon Elderflower Pimms Punch
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup melon balls
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Pimms No 1
- 1 1/2 cups Elderflower liquor (St. Germain)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- crushed ice
- 3-4 cups ginger beer, for topping
- fresh thyme and mint, for topping
1. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the cucumbers, strawberries, melon balls, lemon slices, Pimms, Elderflower liquor, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
2. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. Just before serving, add the ginger beer.
3. Fill glasses with ice and pour over the Pimms Punch mixture. Garnish with thyme and mint. Drink up!
Cheers to cocktail Saturday…the summer edition!