No-Bake Triple Decker Peanut Butter S’mores Bars.
So um, OK. These bars… OH THESE BARS.
I mean, I am slightly embarrassed by them, but then no, I am so not. They are the ultimate dessert, my ideal dessert… basically they’re just everything. In my mind, you can almost never beat the combo of chocolate and peanut butter, like it’s just the BEST!
I’m not ashamed to admit that Reese’s were one of my all time favorite candies as a kid. I was never much into sugary or sour candies, always chocolate. To be completely honest, with the exception of Reese’s, I wasn’t all that into candy. Well I guess there were the Snickers bars my mom put into her Death By Chocolate at Christmas. Oh, and occasionally an Oreo or two dipped in peanut butter (clearly I have a thing for peanut butter…). Wait, do Oreos even count as candy? I don’t really think so. Hmm, what other candies did I like?
OK, quick google search to refresh my memory…M&M’s too of course, but that’s kind of it. I think Butterfingers and Tootsie Rolls are so gross. I always gave all the sugary candy from Halloween to my brothers. So basically I was a pretty lame child.
I am forgetting something?? What’s your favorite candy? Or favorite candy as a kid?
Ok, but I did always love Hershey’s milk chocolate bars on a S’more (and ANY chocolate from Malley’s… I still do. 🙂
Alright, so now that we know all about my candy habits, maybe I should get back to these bars?! Okok.
So do you guys remember a year or two ago when I posted these 5-ingredient triple decker peanut butter bars? Please tell me that you do, and even better, that you made them!! These bars are epic and everyone who has made them, has loved them.
What I did here today was to take that base recipe and turn them into a S’MORES bar. YESS, I am so going there. No-Bake Triple Decker Peanut Butter S’mores Bars… yes, yes, YESSSSS!
Here’s how this these bars go. You ready?
…layer one: graham crackers. cause you cannot do a S’more without a little graham cracker.
…layer two: chocolate, and lots of it. do you see how thick that chocolate layer is? it’s the only way to do it. ?
…layer three: peanut butter. but not JUST peanut butter, buttery sweet peanut butter, like the peanut butter you find stuffed inside a Reese, but better. YUM. YUM.
…layer four: Hershey’s milk chocolate pieces. again, you can’t have a S’more without a little Hershey’s milk chocolate. duh.
…layer five: toasted marshmallow. obviously.
And DONE. five epic layers.
So maybe a more appropriate name would have been 5 layer S’mores Bars? Ehhh, I dunno. When I look at them I see three very thick layers… chocolate, graham crackers, peanut butter and marshmallow.
The heat from the toasted marshmallow kind of melts the Hershey’s chocolate pieces molding them into one EPIC layer. The graham crackers just kind of becomes one with the bottom chocolate layer, making it all into one epic chocolate covered graham cracker with a peanut butter layer all its own.
So you see, TRIPLE DECKER.
I figured with summer basically here… it officially starts on the 20th… that it was time for a fun S’more recipe. The thing about S’mores though is, they should always be easy and laid back. That is these bars! They take less than thirty minutes to throw together, and trust me, everyone LOVES them!
How could they not? Do you see those hefty layers of amazingness?
And did I mention how that toasted marshmallow melts the layer of Hershey’s chocolate?!?! Ahhh, dying over here. These bars are just the best and you need them in your life. Preferably today… and with boosters throughout the summer.
Also, these would be one of the bestest desserts for the 4th, just sayin.
No-Bake Triple Decker Peanut Butter S'mores Bars.
- 5 whole graham cracker sheets
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter divided
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened, 1 stick
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 - 2 cups powdered sugar I only use 1 1/4 cups
- 2-3 pieces Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars broken into
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 inch square brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Line the bottom of the pan with graham crackers, breaking the last graham cracker into pieces to fit snuggly into the pan.
- Place 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2 tablespoon peanut butter in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat, stirring often until melted and smooth. Alternately, you can do this in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the graham cracker layer and tap against the counter until the chocolate is in a smooth and even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden (or 15 minutes in the freezer).
- Meanwhile, add the stick of softened butter, 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, the vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more powdered sugar to your liking. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate layer in a smooth layer. Arrange the Hershey's Bar pieces over the peanut butter layer. Place back in the fridge to firm up, at least 1 hour, or 30 minutes in the freezer.
- When ready to serves, add the marshmallows to the top of the bars and toast using a kitchen torch. Alternately, you can place the marshmallow on a parchment lined baking sheet and toast them for 1-2 minutes under the broiler. Then carefully add them to the top of the bars. Slice and serve immediately.
You want a S’more right now, don’t you? You do. Yep, it’s game time! 🙂