Nine Favorite Things.
Thanks for joining me for another Nine Favorite Things post!
I am just now realizing this, but this is our twenty-first favorites post. Meaning you guys have now read through twenty-one Sundays of me rambling on like it is my job (…oh wait, it kind of is…). I am thrilled you all are continuing to enjoy these posts because I love sitting down to write them each week. For as much as I love talking to you guys about all things food, I also have other interests…like design, fashion, entertaining, etc. So it’s fun to be able to share those interests with you through these nine favorite things post. I love reading your comments on these posts. It’s so fun to see what you are all interested in, and what interests we have in common!
Today I am feeling excited that September is here. It’s probably one of my favorite months of the year. The weather is the best (if I had to pick one month to visit here it would be September), the leaves are beginning to turn yellow and soon they will be the golden burnt orange color I love so much. This time of year goes by so fast, so I am trying to savor it the best I can. Of course savoring this time is easier said than done. Especially when you’re launching your first cookbook. Lots of things on the agenda these days, but today is all about chilling…okay and maybe just a little cleaning and organizing to prepare for the week…I can’t help it. Chilling out is not really something I’m all that good at. Even on the beach I get antsy…oops.
Coming up this week on HBH, we’ll be doing Monday up right with my first apple recipe of the season, moving onto a big HBH cookbook release day post, doing a little Indian food, some colorful salmon, and finishing off the week with a very sweet apple recipe. Yes, all good things ahead!!
Here are some favorites from this week. Hope you guys enjoy them and have a great Sunday!
ps. don’t forget to check out yesterday’s sparkling summer meets fall cocktail.
1. NYC Fashion Week: ever since I was in middle school, going to fashion week has always been on my bucket list. Someday I will make it happen (and most definitely take little sis Asher along with me), but in the meantime, here are five of my favorite fashion bloggers to be following this week in NYC…
Chriselle Lim…see all the best shows on her stories.
Rocky Barns…follow her for some of the best street style looks.
Louise Roe…for the best behind the scenes coverage.
Something Navy…get all the best fashion and beauty tips.
Lauren Conrad…for the best designer show coverage and cute day-to-day adventures.
ps. the best street style from New York fashion week…Kaia Gerber is my favorite.
2. Mothers and Daughters working together: some of you may know this and some of you may not, but my sweet mom is 50% of what you see here on HBH. She is literally my other half and we have worked together as a team on HBH for almost 5 years now. She is just as much a part of this business as I am, she’s just much more behind the scenes. I am so proud of what we have built and that we did it together. But I do admit, there have been times when I hate having to call my mom my business partner. It’s always something I have been self-conscious of because I don’t want the people we work with to think that my “mommy” is doing it all. I know it’s such a silly worry, but it’s just one of my personal struggles I deal with.
I was so inspired by this interview with Nancy Meyers and her daughter. It made me realize that working side by side with your mom is actually the coolest thing ever and nothing to ever be embarrassed about. My mom’s my business partner, my best friend, and my mom and I think that is what makes our working relationship so strong. Like Nancy said, “the trust you have in this relationship is just so beyond anything you’ll have with anyone else”. This could not be more true and it is what has made HBH thrive.
ps. this was a really fun read even if you don’t work with your mom. Nancy and her daughter Hallie produced the new movie Home Again, starring Reese Witherspoon.
3. My favorite Slow Cookers: slow cooking season is almost right around the corner, here are 3 of my favorite slow cookers/pressure on the market.
the all-clad 7 quart slow cooker with all in one browning…my go to slow cooker. it browns and slow cookers, meaning zero mess.
the instant pot…just bought this and am learning to use it. new recipes coming soon.
the all-clad slow cooker…favorite affordable option.
the all-clad 5 quart slow cooker with all in one browning…best for smaller kitchens or tight storage.
4. A few links I am loving…
15 things to give up to be more successful…I have a few on this list that I need to remove, but aiming for perfection is my biggest.
7 one bowl dinners to try this week…you know I love my bowl foods.
9 reasons for rain on your wedding day…looking at the positives.
Reese Witherspoon’s evening ritual…um, I’d sure like to have Reese’s nightly routine…she really seems to have figured it out!
12 healthy breakfast…Sunday brunch here we come.
37 cozy ways to decorate your porch for fall…ugh. I now need a porch.
19 Stunning Fall Chrysanthemums…and now I need all these flowers.
5. New videos:
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bread…who’s ready for the most un-fancy meal ever!?
20 Minute Heirloom Tomato Basil Chicken Parmesan Bolognese…20 minute dinner perfection.
6. New Autumn Kitchen Finds…
7. The Half Baked Harvest Cookbook Bonus Recipe Packet: for those of you who may have missed the blog post, we are currently offering 11 BONUS recipes for anyone who orders the book before October 1st. Once you place your order we’ll send you a pretty bonus recipe packet that includes 11 BRAND NEW, never before seen, 30 minute dinner recipes. These recipes are NOT in the HBH cookbook, and they are NOT anywhere on the blog.
And don’t worry, if you’ve already pre-ordered (thank you, thank you!) all you need to do is enter your order number into this form and you can then download the packet.
ps. can you guys believe that the HBH cookbook is hitting bookstore shelves on TUESDAY!? It still really hasn’t hit me that this book, that I have been working on for almost three years now, is finally going to be out for the world to see. I know you guys have now heard this over and over, but I am both so excited and so nervous. My fingers are crossed that you will all love the book as much as I do!
8. The Best Fall Coats of the Season…
9. This Week’s Dinners:
Wednesday: The New Margherita Pizza (cookbook recipe…because it’s out!)
Thursday: Poblano Corn Chicken Tortilla Soup
Check out all the past Favorites posts here.