Celebrating the weekend with this fig honey thyme prosecco smash.
Hey, hi! Happy to be sharing a personal favorite cocktail recipe today! If you know me, than you know I am just slightly obsessed with figs. I’ve definitely mentioned this before on the blog, but you don’t hear about it too often because fig season is pretty short, especially here in Colorado.
When the figs finally make their way to my local Kroger or Whole Food’s store I practically buy them all; yes, I love them that much. Figs finally showed up a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been consuming them by the buckets. I wish I was joking, but I am not. They are clearly my favorite.
Anyway, I decided it was time I share a recipe using these sweet little fruits, and of course a cocktail came to mind. What I love about this fig smash is that it’s the perfect drink to move us into autumn (sorry, I can’t stop with this fall talk…issues, clearly I have issues). Its taste is warm and cozy, but its pink tone has more of a summer vibe. Either way, in my eyes it’s the perfect drink, sweet, with the slightest hint of thyme, and extra sparkly…which if you have not noticed, most of my cocktails are. I love a little (okay, a lot) of fizz action.
Here’s a quick breakdown of this simple cocktail…
fresh figs…I like to use black mission.
ripe plums…if you cant get your hands on plums, us a couple of tablespoons of pomegranate arils.
elderflower liquor…the surprising ingredient that make this drink so special.
lemon juice…got to have a little citrus.
honey…to make everything just the right amount of sweet.
fresh thyme….love this paired with the figs.
prosecco…every good drink deserves some bubbly action.
Muddle everything together, add the prosecco.
Fig Honey Thyme Prosecco Smash
Servings: 4 cocktails
Calories Per Serving: 241 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 6 fresh figs, diced or 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- 1 small, ripe red plum, diced
- 2 ounces elderflower liquor
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2-4 tablespoons honey, depending on your taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- prosecco, for topping
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Add the figs, plums, elderflower liquor, lemon juice, honey, and thyme to a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, gently push the figs down until they release their juices and are lightly smashed. Add ice. Place the top on the shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into 2-3 glasses. 2. Top each glass with prosecco. Garnish with figs and fresh thyme.
You see…the perfect drink. So let’s be sure to do up this Saturday right! See you tomorrow for another nine favorites.