So umm, look what I made!?!?
I made us dessert that’s basically healthy food.
Like whoaa, can I get a pat on the back or something, please???
Just kidding, but really, a healthy food dessert!! COOL!
Well healthy food to me at least, I know that everyone has their own terms when it comes to “healthy” food, BUT these tarts are so my kind of health food…hello no added sugar, no butter and not even any gluten.
See, these deserve a WHOA. And I promise, promise, promise they are soo goood. Even my chocoholic, butter loving and MAJOR carb lovin mom totally approved of these.
So you see, they have to be good.
With the warm weather finally arriving, I figured maybe a figure friendly dessert might be a good idea. I mean, if you ask me, summer is totally the time for fun and over the top desserts (hello ice cream sundaes, grilled doughnuts, milkshakes and Dairy Queen as much as possible), but that’s only because I think of summer as “No rules and ALL FUN”. Maybe this is because I still dream of summertime like I am a kid in high school, and maybe with age I will grow out of this thinking…
But I sure hope not, because thinking this way is so much fun!
I willingly admit that I wish I could stay my age for all eternity. I have learned that time literally goes by in the blink of an eye, and guys, I’m really so not cool with that.
Where is the pause button on life?
Wouldn’t that be awesome.
So, what are your weekend plans??
I have some decorating things to do around the barn so I can finally give you guys a last update, but other than that, I have nothing planned, which I am thinking is a good thing cause weekends are for re-charging.
AND chocolate. Of course.
Which brings me back to these pretty little no-bake chocolate mocha fudge and coconut tarts. Why is it that mini food is 100% more fun?? And cute!!
These tarts are completely made from whole foods, coconut, cashews, dates, vanilla and coffee make up the crust and the filling is literally just roasted cashews, cacao or cocoa powder, dates, coffee and vanilla. So simple, but these really could not be any better. I think the roasted cashews are the secret here, well the cashews, the vanilla and the coffee… they have magical properties.
And since these are healthy AND mini, clearly that means eating two (OR MORE!) is totally A-OK.
Mini Vegan No-Bake Chocolate Mocha Fudge and Coconut Tarts.
Servings: 12 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 341 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- Line 12 mini muffins tins or 6 regular size muffin tins with wax paper.
- In a food processor, add all of the ingredients for the crust and pulse until finely chopped and combined. The dough should stick together when squeezed into a ball with your hands.
- Press about 1 tablespoon (use closer to 2 tablespoons for a regular size muffin tin) of the dough into each muffin tin, using your finger to press the dough up the sides. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the pan in the freezer and freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all the ingredients for the filling into the same food processor (no need to clean it!) and blend until smooth, thick and very creamy, about 10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl 2-3 times during blending.
- Remove the tart shells from the freezer and fill with the chocolate fudge. If desired, sprinkle each tart with cacao nibs. Freeze 20 minutes OR place in the fridge until ready to serve. To remove, just lift the wax paper up and the tarts should pop right out. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
And since it’s Friday, no guilt whatsoever. Yes, please!