Chicken. We eat it. A lot of it.
And I am not exaggerating. With a house full of boys it is inevitable. Inevitable.
We have this family recipe. A recipe I make sometimes 3 times a week. Honestly, I do not know where it originated from, but we have been making it since I can remember. It is simple, easy and the boys could eat it every day! Really, every day. Again, I am not exaggerating.
The recipe? Potato Chip Chicken………. not even sure if it qualifies as a recipe.
This is a healthier, more delicious version (the boys however, will argue this). I used the can not take you hand out of the bag Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips in Mediterranean. I think it was possibly the best idea. I served the beautifully and unintentionally festive chicken with my Chipotle Cheddar Latkes and roasted broccoli. Yummy, crunchy, quick and easy. Just what I need right now!
Mediterranean Vegetable Chip Crusted Chicken
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 218 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a sheet pan with olive oil. Set a side.
- Combine the butter with the buttermilk in a bowl and add the chicken. Toss the chicken, making sure all the chicken is covered with the buttermilk mixture. Set a side.
- Using a food processor pulse the chips into fine crumbs and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Working with one piece of chicken at time, roll the chicken in the veggie chip crumbs. Using your fist pound the crumbs into the chicken. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Now, make this chicken and then go do the Christmas shopping you didn’t do last night (ME!)!