How about a little green for your Sunday?!?!
Soo back about two weeks ago now, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. If you read regularly then you know all about this. I complained and complained for days and days. The good news is, I am finally starting to feel semi normal again and back to my old self. BUT when I couldn’t chew a single thing, I was all about smoothies, and this Mango Spinach Smoothie quickly became my favorite. Nutrition wise, it gave me all the things I needed… veggies, fruits, loads of good fats and antioxidants. I swear, this smoothie kept me alive for the first week…the best part … it’s also DELICIOUS! So I didn’t mind drinking it… for like every meal.
I loaded this green smoothie with all of my favorite things…
If you wanted to bump up the protein you could also add a scoop of almond butter or like 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt. Simple, SIMPLE, so yummy and good for us. YEAH!!
Mango Spinach Smoothie.
Servings: 1 LARGE SMOOTHIE
Calories Per Serving: 1344 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 1 cup very ripe mango or 1 frozen mango chunks
- 1 ripe banana fresh or frozen
- 2 large handfuls of spinach may also use kale
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk I like using coconut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut meat * optional
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 passion fruit pulp removed (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high powder blender except the passion fruit. Blend until completely smooth and no chunks remain. Add a handful of ice and blend once more. Pour into a glass and add the passion fruit. DRINK!
View Recipe Comments
*you can buy fresh coconut meat that is peeled and ready to eat at Whole Foods.
Smoothie Sunday for the win! 🙂