My new go-to weeknight dinner – Hot Honey Crispy Salmon Bowls. Crispy roasted salmon mixed with asparagus tossed up in everyone’s favorite sweet-spicy hot honey sauce. The honey sauce has the perfect combination of spices and sea salt. Each bowl is assembled with rice, avocado and feta salsa, and a creamy cilantro ranch. A delicious weeknight dinner to serve up to family and friends. Save the leftovers for a delicious lunch the following day!
If there’s anything I am desperately craving, it’s more color in my life! With the weather being somewhat blah for a couple days last week, I needed to introduce color in other ways. I think every recipe I’ve made since returning home from Miami has been like the rainbow. So much color!
And I love that! These bowls turned out even better than I had envisioned. This is a concept I’ve had on my “to-make list” for while. We just love my spicy hot honey sauce over here. So I’ve had lots of fun reinventing and repurposing it in new recipes!
I have so many fresh spring “bowl” recipes lined up for you that I can’t wait to share! I guess you could say that I’m in a “bowl” phase! But this spicy salmon is my favorite. It really does have everything good piled into one bowl. Steamed rice and crispy salmon bites tossed in our go-to hot honey sauce. Then mixed with a salty and creamy avocado feta salad with fresh herbs and edible flowers. Plus a homemade cilantro ranch that adds a cooling, creaminess to each bowl.
Oh, and I threw in some springtime asparagus too!
Yes, there is a lot happening, but everything together hits just right. You’re going to be making these on repeat, I know it!
What’s amazing about these bowls is how easy they are to throw together, yet still so delicious! The salmon and asparagus are cooked together on a sheet pan until perfectly roasted and crispy.
I love to cook with asparagus this time of year, it’s coming into season for spring. It’s yet another food that reminds me of my Nonnie. She used to cook asparagus all the time, she loved it!
Simply toss the salmon bites with olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Then add the asparagus and roast away.
While the fish is cooking, I prep everything else.
For the hot honey sauce, warm the honey on the stove with hot sauce, cayenne, and chipotle chili powder. The chili powder adds a very subtle smokiness to the sweet, spicy, salty sauce.
You can use as little or as much of the sauce as you’d like, but I end up using most of the sauce. My dad is absolutely obsessed with it!
For the salsa, avocado, so much cilantro, dill, so much feta cheese, a serrano pepper (you can use a jalapeño too), a little oil, and a lemon.
The is KEY, so don’t skip it. I think it adds a lot of flavor and freshness.
Now the next step is optional, I make a creamy, cooling cilantro ranch dressing, It’s easy to do, just blend up everything until creamy!
I use cilantro and basil, then all the usually ranch dressing ingredients.
Fill your bowls with rice. Then layer everything in. The asparagus, salmon, salsa, a drizzle of extra hot honey, and a dollop with lots of cilantro ranch.
So much happening, but really it comes together quickly since we’re just repeating ingredients throughout and roasting everything on a sheet pan! We love that!
Looking for other quick dinner recipes? Here are a few.
Lastly, if you make these Hot Honey Crispy Salmon Bowls, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Hot Honey Crispy Salmon Bowls
Calories Per Serving: 635 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 4 (4-6 ounce) salmon filets, cut into bite-size chunks
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- creamy ranch, for serving
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. 2. On a baking sheet, toss the salmon pieces with 3 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. On the other side of the pan, add the asparagus. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast 10-15 minutes or until the salmon is just undercooked to your liking. 3. Meanwhile, make the hot honey. In a sauce pot, warm together the honey, hot sauce, cayenne, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder, plus a pinch of salt.4. Spoon some of the hot honey over the salmon. Switch the oven to broil and broil until lightly charred and crispy. Spoon over additional hot honey, to your taste.5. To make the salsa. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt, gently tossing. 6. Arrange the salmon and asparagus over bowls of rice. Top with salsa. Add ranch on the side or drizzle over each bowl. Enjoy!
View Recipe Comments
Creamy Cilantro-Basil Ranch: In a blender, blend 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream, 1/3 cup mayo, 2 tablespoons buttermilk, 1 cup fresh cilantro, 1/2 cup fresh basil, 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, and a pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper. Blend until creamy.