Happy day before the 4th…also known as July 3rd!
Let’s celebrate with some easy hibiscus cherry and ginger beer ice cream floats!
It’s kind of my favorite thing ever right now, as I am obsessed with both cherries, hibiscus and – very new to me – ginger beer (oh my gosh SO GOOD!!).
Like why I have never had ginger beer until now who knows, but if it was not loaded with sugar I’d be drinking it daily. If you have never tried it, now is SO the time. This is the ultimate summertime float and also kind of festive for the 4th, don’t cha think?
Going to keep things extra short today since I know most of you are all off work and hopefully headed out to enjoy the summer sunshine. I just wanted to stop in and give you one last recipe for tomorrow (OR today!).
If you are looking for more recipes for tomorrow, you should probably check out this post on No Churn Ice Cream 5 Different Ways, these epic and sparkling (literally) Espresso S’Mores, this KILLER Summer Cheeseboard, this Red, White and Blue Tart, this NO mayo Grilled Potato Salad and these Hawaiian Dogs. And as if that was not enough, here is a round-up (including some older recipes) of some great 4th of July Eats that are equally awesome for tomorrow!
Lots to choose from I know….
But this float should clearly be tops on your list for this weekend. Don’t tell, but I maybe spiked it with a little booze!
I mean it is the 4th of July weekend, I kind of had to.
The float consists of a hibiscus cherry syrup, ginger beer, a little bourbon and coconut ice cream. It’s so easy to prepare and I promise, it’s going to make your weekend!
So make it! Today, tomorrow or both. Just do it!!
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend filled with friends and family. Hopefully it will include plenty of sunshine, fireworks – maybe even some river floating, and of course, tons of great summer food!!
Hibiscus Cherry and Ginger Beer Ice Cream Floats.
Servings: 4 Floats
Calories Per Serving: 165 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
Hibiscus Cherry Soda
For the floats
- 2-4 scoops vanilla bean coconut ice cream or just vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup hibiscus cherry soda
- 3/4 cup high quality ginger beer
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon or coconut rum optional
- blueberries and cherries for serving
Hibiscus Cherry Soda
- In a small to medium size pot, combine the cherries, coconut sugar and vanilla bean. Use a muddler or just a fork to mash the cherries up until they are almost pulp like. Don't worry about the pits, you will discard them later. Add the water and place the pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the hibiscus. Cover and steep for 30 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, stir in the lemon juice and chill until completely cool, about 30 minutes. Syrup can be kept in the fridge for at least one week.
To make the Floats.
- Add a few scoops of coconut ice cream to each glass. If desired sprinkle in a few blueberries for some fun color. Pour over the cherry soda and then top with ginger beer. Garnish with a cherry and drink up!
View Recipe Comments
*I purchased my coconut sugar from [Amazon | http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009324C0U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B009324C0U&linkCode=as2&tag=halbakhar-20&linkId=F7ST2EKFY5BFMZY7. **I buy my dried hibiscus from [Amazon | http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DC3NVUI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00DC3NVUI&linkCode=as2&tag=halbakhar-20&linkId=WXPP36FMOSIG6AEI
Oh, and cherry floats with a side of fireworks + sparklers!