I have no words.
Bananas. Brownies. Bananas. Toasted Marshmallow Frosting. Fudgy Chocolate.
Yes, I made banana cupcakes and put brownie batter in the middle and then I made a toasted marshmallow meringue frosting. Then I proceeded to broil my cupcakes. Yes, I said broil!
You gotta toast those marshmallows!
I had some very brown bananas that were seriously screaming at me! No, really every time I looked over they were like “Tieghan, use us now! Our flesh is at its sweetest, all we need is some chocolate. Please use us!”.
I am not going crazy. Promise. I just spend way too much time in the kitchen.
So I did what I had to and made some cupcakes……with banans and brownies and marshmallow meringue. Oh yeah, and a drizzle of chocolate fudge sauce.
I just could not stop adding things, I wanted banana cupcakes and I wanted brownies. But then I saw a picture of Mississippi mud brownies. You know the ones with marshmallows on top and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Yeah, then I just HAD to add the Marshmallow frosting. I mean I had to.
So these cupcakes turned out great, but my kitchen? That a different story. Honestly it looked like a tornado ripped through there. When I experiment things go flying, dishes go everywhere and occasionally I slip on that banana peel that somehow ended up in my path.
Let’s just say it’s not always so pretty. But it is spotless now (until tomorrow when I do it all over again).
Fugdy Brownie Stuffed Banana Cupcakes with Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
Servings: 24 Cupcakes
Calories Per Serving: 274 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups large or 4 small ripe bananas mashed (about 1 1/4 )
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 butter melted, 1 stick
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- For the Meringue:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- large pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Homemade Hot Fudge for garnish, or use store bought
View Recipe Comments
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium size bowl.
- In a larger bowl, whisk egg and add brown sugar, mixing until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add greek yogurt and melted butter and mix. Stir in dry ingredients, then add mashed bananas and milk, mixing until batter comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Brownies: Place butter in a large bowl, add cocoa and stir until well blended.
- Beat eggs with a mixer. Add sugar and vanilla, beat well. Stir in the butter mixture.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take about 1/8 of a cup of the banana batter and place it in the bottom of all the cupcake liners. You want the cupcake liners to be about 1/4 of the way full. Then take a tablespoon of the brownie batter and place it in the middle of each cupcake (try and stay in the center of the cupcake). Then add just enough of the banana batter to cover the brownie batter (you want your cupcake liner to be about 3/4 of the way full).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For the Meringue: In a large pot, bring about 2 inches of water to a simmer.
- In a large, heat-proof bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, corn syrup and salt. The mixture will be grainy, because of the sugar.
- Place bowl over simmering water and whisk as it heats. The sugar will dissolve after about 5 minutes. Keep and eye on the mixture, it shouldn’t get warm enough to cook the eggs.
- Transfer the egg white and sugar mixture to the bowl of an electric stand mixer. With a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites, on high, until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes). The mixture will be fluffy and glossy and look like melted marshmallows. It’ll be sticky too. Beat in the vanilla extract last. Cover, and set aside until ready to frost cupcakes.
- Place a big dollop of frosting on each cupcake (or you can get all fancy and pipe it on) and smooth it out with a knife.
- Turn on oven broiler.
- Place 12 cupcakes on a baking sheet. Place cupcakes under the broiler for about 1 minute. Don’t even close the broiler door. Keep an eye on them as they toast. You may need to remove the cupcakes and rotate the pan to ensure that they cook evenly. Once toasted, remove cupcakes, and toast the remaining 12.
- If desired drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Serve cupcakes!
Banana, brownies, marshmallow and fudge! It’s Bananza’s!