Before today I had never made a cookie with cinnamon.
Or without chocolate. I tried to make one the other day, but we all know how that turned out……. Chocolate Butter Pecan Cookies.
Cookie dough spiced up with cinnamon and rolled in cinnamon sugar? Holy Yum! Like let your stress melt away. What to cook for dinner, um Thanksgiving, Christmas shopping, oh yeah and that work deadline will be all but forgotten after your first whiff.
See my mom is a complete chocoholic so growing up all of our desserts were covered, doused, or stuffed with chocolate. Pumpkin pie? Apple Pie? Cheesecake? No way, around our house it was chocolate, butter, sugar, peanut butter covered with chocolate and more chocolate.
Snickerddoodles are a pretty common holiday cookie so I figured I better give them a try. I mean anything with cinnamon, butter and sugar has to be good.
The perfect bite, it makes you feel all cozy inside! Gotta love holiday baking!
Just look at them they are so cute!
Fat and Fluffy Snickerdoodles
Cookie dough spiced up with cinnamon and rolled in cinnamon sugar? Holy Yum!
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.
Slightly adapted from Jessica.
It is even rumored that these are one of Santa’s favorites and now I totally understand why!