Butter Pecan Cookies…Drizzled with Chocolate.
I had every intention to make non-chocolate butter pecan cookies.
I had my butter, pecans, sugar, and flour. There was not a chocolate chip, chocolate bar, or box of cocoa powder within 8 feet of me and my mixer. I had a goal, no chocolate! Just some butter and pecans.
The cookies went into the oven and there was still no chocolate in these cookies! And oh my, can we talk about the smell coming from the oven? It smelled like we had been baking Christmas cookies all day. Buttery Christmas cookies with hints a vanilla and toasted pecans wafting through the entire kitchen and into the family room. The smell alone is reason enough to make these cookies!
Out of the oven and straight into our mouths…….oh my gosh like hold the phone!
They are amazing. Buttery and flakey, but soft and crunchy too. And with out chocolate………
But then this happened. Yeah, the chocolate drizzle that puts these cookies over the top!
These cookies are the perfect holiday treat with or without chocolate. I of course I recommend giving the chocolate a try!
Super easy to make, just roll the dough into a log, refrigerate, slice, bake, and drizzle! These are perfect on the Thanksgiving dessert table or at any of your holiday parties! And trust me everyone loves BUTTER.
Chocolate Butter Pecan Cookies
Keyword: cookie, pecan
These cookies are amazing. Buttery and flakey, but soft and crunchy too.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla. Using a mixer beat the mixture until it is smooth, scrapping down the sides a few times.
- Add the flour, pecans and water. Beat until combined.
- Place the dough on a large piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Using your hands, shape it into a log 10 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough up and refrigerate until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough and place it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the log into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange the slices 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes, their edges will be golden brown. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
- Well the cookies cool, melt the chocolate in the microwave for a minute to a minute and a half, stirring every 20 seconds until melted.
- Using a spoon drizzle the chocolate in a zig zag line across each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes so the chocolate can firm up.
- Store the cookies in and airtight container.
To Make Ahead: The dough can be refrigerated for up to 5 days To Freeze: The dough can be frozen for up to three months. Defrost before baking.
Whether you use chocolate or not just make these cookies!
P.S. Yes, those are Christmas plates. I am sorry I just cant help myself, plus I do not have any turkey plates or ribbon! You can hate me now.