Thanksgiving is in 8 days and you HAVE to add this Cranberry Glazed Roasted Brussel Sprouts to your menu!
Like one week and a day, I am so excited! Thanksgiving is the start of the truly most wonderful time of the year!
Cheesy I know, but to me it really is. I love the holidays.
Our Thanksgiving table is usually extremely basic. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and rolls.
Yeah, I know. See there are a lot of picky boys in our house and well, they do not like green things. Well honestly the only vegetable they will eat are tomatoes……in sauce… on a pizza.
Pretty bad right? Well this year we are having brussel sprouts at Thanksgiving! And not just plain old steamed Brussel sprouts that everyone tries to feed their dog under the table, but not even their dog will eat them. Nope, we will be having roasted brussel sprouts doused with a cranberry and balsamic vinegar glaze!
OMG these are the best Brussel sprouts I have ever tasted. Seriously, this glaze is to die for and is chuck full of antioxidants. It is the perfect healthy side to go with all those delicious turkey, buttered mashed potatoes, and gravy! I mean come on we need something to balance out that meal!
Cranberry Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Servings: 6 people
Calories Per Serving: 170 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small Shallot chopped
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. If the sprouts are large cut them in half. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Well the brussel sprout roast make the glaze. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté 6 minutes. Add Balsamic Vinegar. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil 5-8 minutes until balsamic vinegar is reduced to a thick syrup. Stir in cranberries, honey and thyme.
- Reduce heat and cook 6 minutes, until cranberries start to break down. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until thick. Add the mixture to a blender with the mustard and purée mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the roasted brussels sprouts and return to the oven for anther 10-15 minutes or until glaze has clung and coated the brussel sprouts.
Ok, I am ready to eat!