Black Friday came a little early around here….
And I do not mean the shopping……. I mean the leftovers!
Remember the Saucy Cranberry Chicken?
Yeah, I stuffed it into some puff pastry dough with lots of yummy cheese! Then baked them till they were flakey and perfect!
I used the chicken and cranberry sauce from the Saucy Cranberry Chicken, but leftover turkey and cranberry sauce from your Thanksgiving meal will work just as well! It is the perfect way to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers!
It is a combination of sweet and savory cranberry sauce, meat and cheese and it is amazing! The blue cheese works surprising well with the cranberries, and the spinach adds color and flavor! It is the perfect easy meal after a long day of shopping, cleaning, or digesting!
Here is this weak’s meal plan. We had a few unplanned dinners last week so there are some are roll overs.
Cranberry Stuffed Chicken
Butternut Squash Ravioli
French Onion Soup
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Oven-Fried Ranch Chicken
Blue Cheese, Cranberry and Turkey Bundles
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 1002 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- In a mixing bowl lightly mix the turkey, cranberry sauce, spinach, and blue cheese.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle; cut each into 2 pieces. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
- Spoon turkey mixture onto each pastry. Top with an 1/8 cup cheddar cheese if desired.
- Lightly brush pastry edges with water. Bring long sides over filling, pinching seams and ends to seal. Turn pastries seam side down. Cut small slits into pastry. Brush tops with egg.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
View Recipe Comments
* To Freeze: Once fully assembled cover and freeze for 3 to 4 hours. Once frozen store in a ziplock freezer bag for up to six months. When ready to bake remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
Eleven days till Thanksgiving! I need to plan our feast!