Saucy Cranberry Chicken
So yeah, photography? I am pretty sure it is not my thing.
I mean I may be able to cook, but I am no photographer!
Seriously, what on earth does ISO and aperture mean? I never knew there were so many photography terms! There is so much to learn, it can be overwhelming at times. I am learning though, everyday. It can be extremely frustrating, but also really rewarding when you take a great photo!
So if any of you have any suggestions or tips I would greatly appreciate them! For now my eye is in the books, on the computer, and in my fancy DLSR camera.
Trial and error. It is how I learned to cook and how I will learn to take great photos of my food!
Ok, my ranting is over now! On to the chicken.
Over here we hate boring chicken! Our chicken needs to be loaded with sauce, doused with seasoning, or coated in parmesan cheese! This chicken is moist and flavorful with a touch of sweetness. So. Delicious. I like to serve along with some rice…..of course!
Oh yeah, and it cooks in the slow cooker all day!
Crockpot Cranberry Chicken
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4-6 Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Cranberries
- 6 cups kale or spinach washed and chopped
- Combine the ketchup, water, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, sugar, molasses, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, cinnamon, and worcestershire sauce in the bowl of a crockpot.
- Place 4 to 6 chicken breast in the pot and submerge in the sauce. Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- After 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high add the cranberries. If cooking on low turn the heat up to high.
- After 45 minutes add the greens on top of the sauce and chicken.
- Cook anther 15 minutes until the greens have wilted slightly.
- Remove the greens and serve along side the chicken and sauce.