My Chopped Buffalo Chicken Skewer Salad just might become your new summer dinner staple. Spicy, saucy buffalo chicken grilled up on skewers and tossed together with fresh greens, grilled corn, avocado, cheddar cheese cubes, and crispy bacon. Be generous with the creamy jalapeño ranch dressing, it’s extra delicious on top of this spicy-sweet honey buffalo chicken. A perfectly balanced summer dinner salad everyone will love.
I always think of buffalo chicken in the fall. It feels very much like a game day recipe to enjoy during the fall football season. But buffalo chicken is such a favorite that I thought, why not serve it up in the summer too?
I started thinking about a buffalo chicken salad and thought it sounded so yummy! I wanted it to be on the lighter side, so I knew grilling up the chicken on skewers was the way to go. Super fun for summer and we get to skip that tedious breading and frying process. Gotta love that!
Here are the details
Step 1: make the honey buffalo sauce
I always make my own buffalo sauce, which is just hot sauce, melted butter, and seasoned salt. Mix up your own or use store-bought buffalo sauce. Then mix with a few drizzles of honey.
The honey makes this buffalo sauce so special. It adds the slightest bit of sweetness to balance out all the spice!
Step 2: season the chicken, skewer, and grill
I like to cube the chicken, then season it with seasoned salt and black pepper. Now is when I toss the chicken with a bit of the honey buffalo sauce.
Once the chicken is on the skewers, grill each skewer until lightly charred and cooked through.
Step 3: the dressing
This is a creamy jalapeño ranch with yogurt, mayo, and lots of pickled jalapeños. I blend everything up in a blender until creamy.
You can taste and then adjust the salt and pepper from here. The dressing is obviously key, it adds not only creaminess but flavor.
Step 4: toss the salad
In a big bowl, toss together everything for the salad with the dressing. Then, when the chicken is ready, I place one 0r two skewers onto each salad. Add extra dressing and extra honey buffalo sauce. So delish.
Once everything comes together – the greens, avocado, bacon, cheese, dressing, and chicken, it becomes a big beautiful summer salad.
Every bite is special, and the skewers make it even more fun…exactly how all of our salads should be!
Looking for other dinner recipes? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make this Chopped Buffalo Chicken Skewer Salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Chopped Honey Buffalo Chicken Skewer Salad
Calories Per Serving: 443 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce (or use hot sauce)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup grilled corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup chopped, peperoncini
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese or cubed cheddar
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 avocado, chopped
View Recipe Comments
- 1. In a bowl, mix the buffalo sauce and honey. 2. Toss together the olive oil, chicken, seasoned salt, and a pinch of pepper. Add 1/4 cup honey buffalo sauce, toss to coat. Thread the chicken onto the skewers.3. Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. 4. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.5. Toss the greens, cilantro, tomatoes, corn, and peperoncini with 1/2 the dressing. Arrange the chicken, cheese, bacon, and avocado on top. Serve with additional dressing and honey buffalo sauce. Enjoy!