Buffalo Chicken Jalapeño Poppers.
It is that time of year.
Ahh…What time of year? The time of year when things are hectic, crazy, unorganized and messy all at the same time?
The time of year when you realize it is already January eighteenth and February will be here in less than two weeks now?
No, actually not that time of year. Well yes, but that is not what I am talking about. It is Superbowl time, which in my mind really just means good food. Buffalo sauce, burgers, fries, subs, dips and chips. Also known as football food.
My eldest brother’s very favorite kind of food.
I know you all know by now that my family is mildly obsessed with all things buffalo sauce, so the Superbowl just gives me an excuse to shove a few handfuls of buffalo sauce recipes in your face over the next two weeks. I think I have more buffalo recipe ideas than anything else, but I am thinking I will just narrow them down to three or four.
Yesterday I attempted two them.
These little poppers and then something fried. Yeah, fried.
And I hate frying, I really do, but these were awesome and I cannot wait to tell you about them. The only reason I am mentioning them today is because I had no right to be making them (or anything else for that matter) in the kitchen today.
You see, my house is just a complete disaster, and since it was Saturday people finally had some time to start organizing the mass chaos. Only I made it a hundred times worse by trying to cook and photograph right in the middle of it all. And when I cook, I make a mess that I am pretty sure no five-year old could even make if left home alone for hours. FYI, hot oil and too many people in the kitchen is not a good idea. Or safe in any way. Luckily there were no injuries, but I definitely would not recommend cooking with oil in the midst of chaos.
Another FYI, standing on tables that probably aren’t the sturdiest. Yeah, not the safest idea I have ever had, but I do it every single day. I think I need some kitchen safety tips or something. I mean, I cannot even keep a towel around the kitchen longer than a month without catching it one fire. All of my kitchen towels have large hoon hand for emergencies! Strongly recommend this!
Anyway, my point – the house was pretty darn chaotic today.
But somehow, rising out of the mass disorganization, came these poppers…
They made everyone’s lunch yesterday. Fresh and hot out oven the oven? Yeah, so freaking good. Your guests will go crazy for them. You really have to make these. I know, I say this everyday, but I really do mean it. If you love jalapeño poppers, and you love buffalo chicken, then these are kind of a no brainer.
No brainers are always a good idea.
Buffalo Chicken Poppers.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded (about 1 of shredded chicken total)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3-1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 10 large jalapenos halved + seeds removed
- 1/4 cup potato chips crumbs I like to use a food processor
- 1/4 cup corn flake crumbs
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 4 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, buffalo sauce and pepper. Stir in the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the potato chip crumbs, corn flake crumbs and half of the bacon.
- Spoon the filling into each jalapeño cavity. Then top each jalapeño with a spoonful of the potato chips and bacon topping. Place on prepared baking sheet, filling side up. Bake until the filling is melty and the potato chips are golden, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with bacon, blue cheese, green onions and drizzle with more buffalo sauce if desired. Serve immediately.
And now we eat.