This Crispy BBQ Salmon Bowls with Roasted Jalapeño Peach Salsa is a new summertime favorite. Smoky BBQ seasoned salmon, served over rice, with a sweet/spicy roasted jalapeño peach salsa, and a yummy browned garlic butter. This salmon bowl is made all on one sheet pan and in no time at all. A wonderful, quick, vibrant, and delicious summer meal!
And here we are again! Yet another colorful summer dinner. I’m absolutely loving cooking this summer. The sweet peaches from LA have been beyond delicious and our herb garden is so beautiful right now.
It makes cooking fun and exciting! I’ve really been looking forward to sharing this recipe, it’s so vibrant and the flavors are truly out of this world. My dad said it’s one of his favorite recipes of the summer.
The secret is the peach salsa and a small drizzle of browned garlic butter.
Here are the details
This is one of those recipes that looks like it could be tricky, but actually comes together pretty quick and simply!
The majority of the dish is all made on one sheet pan. I like to roast the fish, but grilling is a wonderful option too. Season up the fish with my favorite “BBQ” style seasoning blend. It’s a mix of chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. And then cinnamon, but just a small amount, just enough to warm up the dish. Hopefully, these are all spices you have in your pantry.
The next step is to roast the fish along with some jalapeños, peaches, and corn. All of which we’ll toss together to make the salsa.
Once the salmon has finished cooking, pull the jalapeños, peaches, and corn off the pan. Give everything a good chop and then toss it all together in a bowl with cilantro and avocado. Roasting the peaches really helps to bring out their sweetness and create a juicy spicy-sweet salsa. This would even be delicious when eaten with tortilla chips!
The final step is the garlic butter. I usually make this while everything is cooking in the oven. It seems like an extra step, but this really adds a nice richness to the meal that I love.
It’s simply butter and garlic cooked together until the butter browns and the garlic crisps. I usually add a pinch of cumin flakes too!
For serving, I think this is best over steamed rice. I add lots of salsa, then the salmon, and lastly, I drizzle the garlic butter over the bowl.
Nothing fancy, but totally delicious. And to be honest, better than anything you’d order out at a fancy seafood spot. You can customize each bowl more to your liking, and the spicy peach salsa is a game-changer.
Looking for other quick summer dinners? Here are some favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Crispy BBQ Salmon with Roasted Jalapeño Peach Salsa be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Crispy BBQ Salmon Bowls with Roasted Jalapeño Peach Salsa
Calories Per Serving: 455 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 4 (4-6 ounce) salmon filets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- kosher salt
- 2 peaches, quartered
- 1 ear corn
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 shallot, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 cups rice, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450° F. 2. Place the salmon on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil, honey, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. To the pan, add the peaches, corn, jalapeños, and shallots. Roast 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking. During the last minute, switch the oven to broil and broil until lightly charred. Set the fish aside.3. To make the salsa. Dice the peaches, remove the corn kernels from the cob, and chop the jalapeños and shallot. Add everything to a bowl with the avocado, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. 4. Melt together the butter and garlic. Cook until the butter is browning and the garlic crisps. Add chili flakes and salt, to taste.5. Serve the salmon and salsa over bowls of rice. Drizzle the butter over the salmon and top with basil or cilantro.