Did you know the best recipes just happen out of nowhere?
Because I have discovered time and time again that some of my favorite recipes are the recipes that I just start throwing things together and calling it a meal.
This meal – snack, dessert, breakfast or whatever you want to call it, happened at the end of a not so awesome day creativity wise. It was almost like my brain was so fed up and annoyed with not producing one creative thing all day long that just staring blankly into my pantry triggered an idea. Well, that and I was in need of a snack.
Also, I have kind of been in a summery foods mood lately, and ice cream cones just seemed fun.
Double also, the photo above would be a million and one times cooler if my nails were painted a pretty shade of turquoise blue or a springy purple. Unfortunately, I am just not that cool. Wishing I was at this moment though.
Alright, so there I was standing in my pantry looking around hopelessly trying to think of something when the waffle cones on the top self caught my eye.
All it took was seeing those cones and I knew exactly what I was making for a snack. It was gonna be epic and super quick since I already had the popcorn made from a previous little project.
If you are thinking it is too cold for this cone well then, one it is a good thing this is not ice cream and, two that’s a little crazy.
Ice cream is always good.
Really though, the yogurt makes for the perfect complement to the warm Nutella and bananas. Add the popcorn and it is similar to granola and yogurt – but better.
We’ll just pretend that the popcorn is sugarless… and super healthy. K? And hey, popcorn is actually a whole grain, so we are totally good to go.
Oh, and since there is yogurt and “WAFFLE” cones these qualify as breakfast food too, right?
Banoffee + Nutella Greek Yogurt Waffle Cone Parfaits with Cashew Caramel Popcorn.
Servings: 3 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 878 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with a silpat.
- Add the popcorn and cashews to a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pot, combine the brown sugar, molasses, butter and salt. Bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring constantly with a whisk to melt sugar and fully combine all ingredients. Continue to whisk mixture for 3-4 minutes. Remove the caramel from the heat and slowly stir in the vanilla. Working quickly, pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and cashews. Toss well to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes and scooping any caramel from the bottom of the pan back onto the popcorn to coat the popcorn thoroughly. The longer you cook the popcorn the drier it will be. Once the popcorn has cooked at least 30 minutes turn it out in a single layer onto parchment or wax paper and allow to cool fully.
- To assemble the cones, mix the greek yogurt with the vanilla in a small bowl. Add the Nutella to another small bowl and warm it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until it is easily spreadable.
- Place the cones in a drinking glass so they can stand. Layer each cone with greek yogurt, a drizzle of warmed Nutella, banana slices and then popcorn. Repeat the layers three times or until you have reached the top of your cones. Drizzle with a little more Nutella and add a handful more of popcorn. EAT!
Healthy(ish) food in a waffle cone? Yup, just as good as it sounds.
HEY GUYS, I NEED YOUR HELP!!
Better Homes and Gardens has nominated Half Baked Harvest as one of the top 5 Food: Family/Everyday Eats blogs. Between now and March 5 voting will take place to decide who is number one. I would be so appreciative if you could take the time to check out all the bloggers and vote for your favorite… as often as you can between now and then. Thanks for all your support, you guys are why I love doing what I do! VOTE HERE