So you probably need a break from all those Christmas cookies? Or maybe not.
How about this? A seriously good Asian pasta and then some Nutella Oatmeal Lace Cookies or maybe some Snickerdoodles or maybe even some leftover Candy Cane Cinnamon Rolls from Breakfast! And OMG I almost forgot about some heavenly Christmas Hot Cocoa! Yum, sound like a good compromise to me!
And boy are you going to want to make these Szechuan Noodles! They are insanely good, better than any take out. Like way better. They are full of flavor and are supper healthy! Um, hello I am posting a recipe with real health benefits! Say what!
The flavor of these noodles is just out of this world good. We need to talk about Hot Chili Sesame Oil. Please tell me you guys know what this? If you have never tried this, you need to! It has such an intense flavor that is just SO GOOD! When my family was in Mt Hood, Oregon over the summer (doing more snowboarding, of course) the Fred Myer in Sandy, OR carried the House of Tsang Hot Chili Sesame Oil. OMG this stuff is good! Extremely expensive. But just so good. It seems like it is really hard to find though, I can not find it in my local grocery store. If this is unfortunately the case for you, you can either pay a ridiculous amount of money and buy it from Amazon or just use hot chili oil. The noodles will still be outstandingly good, but please if you can get your hands on this 5 oz bottle of liquid gold do so! Now!
And then make these noodles. And if you are like my dad and like some heat, douse you noodles in my Hot Chili Sesame Oil. Peanut butter on noodles is possibly the tastiest combination!
Szechuan Noodles with Broccoli
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 890 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Shop ingredients at your local Target store. Learn more
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup tahini sesame paste
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup good soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoon Asian hot chili sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dark toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- Cashews for serving
- Sesame Seeds for serving
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan. Place the veggies on the same pan. Rub the tops with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes, until cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Shred the chicken. Set the veggies aside.
- Place the garlic, ginger, canola oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and the cayenne pepper in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and puree until smooth. Pour the sauce into a large serving bowl.
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in the bowl with the sauce. Add the peppers, chicken and broccoli and toss well. Top with cashews and sesame seeds. If desired serve with extra hot oil.
And no, this is not an advertisement for Hot Chili Sesame Oil.