I have got less than twenty-four house till I leave on a 6:00am flight tomorrow morning. That means I need to be up and out of here by 3:00am for the hour and half drive down to Denver, where I then have to park the car and catch a shuttle to the airport.
Now I am trying to decide what to take with me. What do you guys think, should the ice cream maker make the trek? I am thinking it will be a sad summer without it, but then again I am going to a place where it snows in July.
I am going to be traveling for like 10 days in-total. South Carolina for a week, then back to Denver (not our house – DIA) to get in our parked and pre-loaded car and then drive out to Mt. Hood, Oregon. Therefore, I have been cranking out recipes like a mad person.
My kitchen it a complete disaster zone and the worker dudes from next door are my new best buds.
They really like my cooking and especially my treats. They had their fair share yesterday and it’s safe to say they were some dang happy workers!
Yes, I have been passing off cupcakes, dinners, snacks and appetizers to anyone and everyone I see.
But I have to say, the worker dudes were the most excited, so I liked them the best!
Here’s the deal. Since I am dead out of time I am just gonna let the pictures do the talking.
There is a lot of them.
The very best chocolate cupcakes, frosted with brown butter vanilla bean frosting, topped with brown butter, brown sugar vanilla bean popcorn and then drizzled all over with chocolate.
Yes, I am well aware these are insane.
Who puts popcorn on their cupcakes?
And trust me, you should too!
It’s so good, I promise!
Oh and if anyone’s looking food, you’re welcome any time.
Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Popcorn Chocolate Cupcakes
Servings: 12 cupcakes
Calories Per Serving: 425 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
Brown Butter Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and suger. Whisk to combine. In a small bowl add the milk, egg, canola oil and vanilla extract. Stir lightly and then add to the flour mixture. Beat until the ingredients are well combined and then add the warm coffee. Beat well, until the mixture is very smooth. Line a muffin tin with liners and using a 1/4 cup measure, add batter to each cup. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- While the cupcakes bake make the frosting. Add 4 tablespoons butter to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until brown bits appear on the bottom, about 5-6 minutes, then immediately remove from the heat and add the cream and brown sugar. Return to the heat and bring to a boil, boil for one minute. Remove from the heat and add to the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir in the vanilla bean seeds and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Once cooled beat in the remaining softened butter. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and beat together until well combined.
- To make the popcorn. Preheat oven to 250°
- Pour popped popcorn onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add butter to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until brown bits appear on the bottom, about 5-6 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat and pour over the popped popcorn. Stir until evenly distributed. Sprinkle salt and brown sugar over the popcorn. Bake for 10 minutes. Baking helps the brown sugar and butter stick to the popcorn a litte better. Allow to cool before topping the cupcakes.
- To assemble the cupcakes: Frost the cupcakes using a knife and a good amount of frosting. Add a handful popcorn to each cupcake and use your hands to mold it together into a mound, making sure to push the popcorn into the frosting. Some will fall off, just do your best to keep most of the popcorn on the cupcakes. Drizzle the melted chocolate overtop the popcorn and place the cupcakes in the freezer for 5 minutes or let sit on the counter for 30 minutes so the chocolate can harden. Then eat!! These are best the very same day you make them.
The workers dudes are gonna be happy today!