Ahh man, I do not even know where to begin.
The excitement for these little bites… well if you’ve been reading the blog for any amount of time then you know that my family loves buffalo sauce. The brothers love buffalo chicken, but my dad just really loves the sauce, he could take or leave the chicken. I’m right there with him, I love the sauce, but definitely can forgo the chicken. My speciality for years has been buffalo chicken pizza… minus the chicken. Instead of chicken, I use broccoli. Yes, the boys are disgusted, and in years past I would make them their own separate pizza… with chicken. I don’t do that any more for many reasons, mainly because I’m busy, but also because I’ve started to care less about whether the boys are served food they will actually eat (they’re not in preschool!).
You could say I’ve become totally mean, but I think it’s actually just the opposite, I think I’ve actually lightened up over the years… but that’s a story for another day.
SIDE NOTE: I have been sitting in my desk chair all day long and I am at the point where the fidgeting is so bad that I literally just fell out of my chair. Sad but true.
DOUBLE SIDE NOTE: I am so ready to jump up and down and basically do anything other than FOCUS that I just sent ten seriously annoying snaps (aka snapchats…you should follow @hbharvest for all the behind the scenes) to my brother. UGH. Help me. Also, he probably hates me right about now because he is at school and I sent him about five snaps of cookies/cookie dough…his fav. Ok, maybe I have gotten meaner.
So anyway, it was only a matter of time before I took cauliflower and covered it in spicy sauce. I actually sort of did it last year for this buffalo pizza, but these sriracha buffalo cauliflower bites, they’re the real deal.
First the cauliflower gets rolled in a little breading, then it’s off to the oven to be baked to perfection. Once they’ve finished baking they get covered in the BEST sriracha buffalo sauce. Honestly, you will not even realize you are eating cauliflower. All you will realize is that it’s so dang good. I think these bites may be one of my dad’s favorites. He and I both loved them, especially when dipped in that blue cheese sauce (YUM, and it’s made healthier with greek yogurt!). There really are no words.
Well, no words other than SO DANG GOOD.
Okay, so here’s the deal. I did bread the cauliflower bites before roasting them, mostly because I really wanted all that yummy sauce to adhere, but I was also really trying to mimic traditional buffalo chicken bites. Personally, I think the breading is delicious, and totally a must, BUT if you want something a little lighter, you can always ditch it. Just roast the cauliflower and then toss in the buffalo sauce. Personally, I would serve them as a side, because this way they’re really just spicy roasted cauliflower, but whatever works for you!
For me, its breading all the way!
Now lets talk about the sriracha buffalo sauce. I usually don’t mess with my beloved buffalo sauce recipe, BUT I was feeling the need to switch things up, and sriracha has become a go-to for me. SO, sriracha buffalo sauce it was, and guys, man I am so incredibly happy I went out of my comfort zone. This sauce is KILLER. It’s kind of a mix between Asian and American, but it still has the buffalo flavors you love. That doesn’t really make sense… just know that it’s good!
I highly recommend doubling the recipe for the sauce. I mean, you can never, ever, have too much sauce. All the sauce please!!!
Alrighty, and lastly I made a super quick and much healthier blue cheese dressing/dip/sauce. I just cannot do anything buffalo without a little blue cheese. Blue cheese + buffalo sauce is maybe one of the world’s greatest combos. <–truth
And that’s pretty much how it all goes. My internet friends, welcome to the world of buffalo chicken… minus the actual chicken. Such a delicious world to be apart of!!
And I am out…
Sriracha Buffalo Cauliflower Bites.
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 267 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 small or 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cups panko bread crumbs may use a gluten free bread crumb if needed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese omit if vegan
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup hot sauce I like using Franks hot sauce
- 6 tablespoon butter melted vegan eaters can use vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce OR fish sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Add the beaten eggs to a bowl. In another separate bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Dip each cauliflower floret though the egg and then dredge though the bread crumbs, making sure to cover the cauliflower completely in the bread crumbs. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning the cauliflower halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sriracha, hot sauce, butter and soy sauce (or fish sauce) until smooth. Once the cauliflower are done roasting, gently toss with the sriracha buffalo sauce and then return each piece to the baking sheet. Place back in the oven to warm through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley. Serve with the greek yogurt blue cheese sauce (recipe below).
Lighter Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Sauce
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, blue cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust salt + pepper to your liking. Keep stored in the fridge until ready to use. Will keep for 1 week.
If you need me, DON’T. Me and these sriracha buffalo cauliflower bites have a lunch date. YES.
P.S. Asher found me the cutest dog in the paper today, he is a seven-year old husky malamute mix, and oh my gosh, I want him. Someone please leave me comments talking me OUT of getting a dog… or maybe talking me into one?? Help.