Remember when I made Fluffy Snickerdoodles?
And there was actually no chocolate! In or on top! And they were insanely addicting! Well, I had intended to do the same with these snickerdoodle muffins, but then the ganache thing happened.
Not just any ganache, Kahlua Chocolate Ganache. See I was having a grand old-time on this snowy day (Finally! I live in the mountains of Colorado where snow is supposed to be everywhere by now, but we have seen nothing but sun and blue skies since November 1st! So, the snowfall was happily welcomed!) singing along to my classic Christmas music with Jingle (the family Elf on the Shelf) when I remember about my failed attempt at truffles. Todays post was originally going to be truffles, but the filling never firmed up, it just stayed all gooey and delicious. Truffle fail. So I did it. I put the truffle ganache in my snickerdoodle muffins.
I mean the ganache has Kahlua and chocolate and cream. When the thought crossed my mind there was no turning back . I had to make it happen. It just had to.
I do not know why I do these things and sometimes I really wish I didn’t. But this is not one of those times. These are pure Christmas magic.
Whether you choose to add the ganache or not (I highly recommend adding) these are some seriously good muffins.
Sinkerdoodle Muffins with Chocolate Gnach
Servings: 12 Muffins
Calories Per Serving: 350 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- Cinnamon crumble:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons Butter Softened
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt fat free is fine
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 6 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- pinch of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/8 cup Kahlua
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 cupcake tins with liners.
- Chop semisweet chocolate and put in a heatproof bowl. Bring half and half, butter and a pinch of salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat; pour over the chocolate and let sit until completely melted, about 10 minutes. Stir with a rubber spatula or whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and kahlua. Set a side.
- Mix 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour and 1 tablespoon cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl; mash in softened butter. Set a side.
- Mix 2 flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in large bowl. Whisk 3 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 stick melted butter, 1 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla; fold into the flour mixture. Fold in a half cup of the cinnamon crumble mixture. Fill the muffin tins half way full. Place a dollop of the chocolate ganache in each tin and top with the remaining batter, you want to leave about 1/3 of the ganache for topping. Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon crumble on top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and drizzle with the remaining ganache.
I guess this is what happens when you write a food blog.