Salted Caramel Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
Chocolate covered pretzels are the best.
They’re sweet, salty, and crunchy, the perfect snacky combo for days of sitting inside by the fire, watching Christmas movies, and hangin with the fam. The only thing that could make a chocolate pretzel even better?
CARAMEL, I mean, obviously.
I feel as though these salted caramel chocolate covered pretzels are a no brainer. I don’t know why I only thought of them a week or so ago, once the idea came to mind they sounded SO GOOD. So I chatted with everyone and we decided that these needed to be added to the blog lineup for Christmas week. The family has been spending a lot of time down at my house…probably because I have all the food…and wine…and other things, so a lot of what I’ve been cooking has been inspired by what everyone is craving. Yesterday’s ravioli for example was the result of Lyndsie’s craving for mushrooms and cheese. Today’s pretzels were inspired by Red’s desire for some salty chocolate, and Thursday’s upcoming appetizer? A product of Creighton’s major snack attack…but they are oh so easy and surprisingly, SO GOOD, get excited!
SIDE NOTE: Cait’s new healthy eating trend is going to be inspiring all of this January’s “Healthy January” recipes. The ideas are flowing and I am so pumped…as is Cait, who’s currently nixing all sugar and pasta. The sugar I can do, but the pasta??? Ahh, prolly not going to happen. Just Sayin’.
Anyway, I’m loving having so many people around to inspire new recipe ideas. December was a hard month creativity wise for me, but I’m feeling back to my normal self and excited for all the recipes I have coming up! Plus, I finished the last round of edits for the cookbook and only have a few more writing things to check off my list. The rest of the photos should be done in January, then the book will be done and done! Whooo hoooo! Feeling pretty good about all of this.
Now, these pretzels. If you guys are regulars around here, I’m sure it’s no secret that I love pretzels, salty is totally my thing. Growing up my mom would always buy chocolate covered pretzels around Christmas, so I try to make some every year to keep that tradition alive.
I am pretty pumped about these ramped up chocolate covered pretzels though. If you thought you liked chocolate pretzels before, be prepared to be amazed. Adding caramel is the perfect thing to take the pretzels from good, to addictingly amazing.
Sweet, salty, buttery and crunchy, a combo that honestly cannot be beat. So freaking delish. Everyone has devoured these for the last couple days (I made a double batch since we have a lot of people around). They cannot get enough.
To keep things really simple and easy, I used store-bought caramels, but if you’re feeling fancy, try using my favorite homemade caramel recipe. I actual made these again, on Sunday using that caramel recipe and it’s truly almost as easy as using store-bought candies, but use whatever you are feeling!
Then just dip in caramel, let that set, dip in chocolate, sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Let that set. Then?
Eat and eat and EAT!
These would also make great last-minute homemade gifts! Pretty sure any chocolate lover would love to receive some of these. YUM!
Speaking of gifts, how are you guys doing on your shopping? I finished mine up yesterday and now have lots of wrapping to do! I think I’ll be doing mine with chocolate caramel pretzels in hand!
Yes, for sure!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
They're sweet, salty, and crunchy, the perfect snacky combo for days of sitting inside by the fire, watching Christmas movies, and hangin with the fam.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag of caramels unwrapped (or caramel bits)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of pretzels use your favorite size/shape
- 12 ounces milk semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted
- flaky sea salt for topping
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat. Melt stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Dip each pretzel in the caramel and remove with a fork allowing any excess to drip off and back into the pan. Place each pretzel on the prepared baking sheet and let the caramel set, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl on 30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Dip each pretzel in chocolate and return to the parchment lined baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining pretzels. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Place the pretzels in the freezer to set for 10 minutes. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
That caramel pull though? TOO GOOD.