This simple One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Pasta is a summer go-to dinner. Quick, easy, hearty, and so delicious! Pan-seared Italian seasoned chicken in a creamy roasted red pepper, tomato, and basil sauce. Then cooked together with pasta for a quick dinner made in one pot. Truly one of those all-in-one dinners that everyone at the table will love. Great for a weeknight, but equally fun to serve to friends on a summer night get-together.
And we are finally back with a new recipe! I wasn’t intending to go so long without sharing something completely new. But with the weekend, and then the 4th on Monday, it just worked out that way.
But I’m so excited to be back in the kitchen and cooking summery pasta! I actually made this a couple of weeks ago, before all of my travel, and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. This pasta has to be hands down one of my favorites of the summer.
If any of you have the HBH Every Day Cookbook, you may recognize the red pepper sauce from the pizza Diavola recipe (my favorite pizza in the book). I took that sauce and added some fresh cherry tomatoes to the mix. I then tossed the sauce with Italian seared chicken, pasta, and freshly grated manchego cheese.
It took me only minutes to make since I already had a batch of the sauce in the fridge. And turned out so delicious. My family ended up loving it so much that they actually requested I make it again! When you cook as much as I do, that’s rare.
It’s safe to say, we all really love this one.
Here are all the details, hint it’s easy!
For the sauce, everything is blended up in a food processor. Roasted red peppers, toasted walnuts (any nut works though), cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley, olive oil, a splash of vinegar, smoked paprika, and a touch of cayenne.
It’s a heavily Spanish-inspired sauce and it is heavenly. The only thing different about this sauce versus the one in the cookbook is the cherry tomatoes. Since it’s summer, I wanted to use fresh tomatoes in place of tomato paste. Perfect decision!
Once the sauce is blended together, cook the chicken up in a nice big pot.
While I’m cooking the chicken, I season it with a homemade Italian seasoning blend…dried basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and sage. I then add smoked paprika and chili flakes. It’s a delicious mix and makes the chicken very flavorful.
Oh, and I add some parmesan too!
Once the chicken is cooked, pull it out and pour in the water for the pasta. Cook the pasta right in the same pot. Do not drain the water. Then add the red pepper sauce, manchego cheese, and lots of fresh basil.
Toss it until the sauce gets very creamy and warm, then slide the chicken right back in.
I love to top the pasta with fresh arugula, basil, and a bit more cheese.
It’s everything you’d expect out of a multi-step recipe, but all made in way less than an hour – and in one pot too. Simple, simple – just what we love!
You can serve this Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Pasta up on busy weeknights, but it’s equally great to serve to friends and family. We’ve enjoyed this a couple of times already this summer! Perfect with a glass of wine or a fun mocktail on a nice summer night.
Looking for summer pasta recipes? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make this One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Pasta be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
One Pot Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Pasta
Calories Per Serving: 503 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 jar (12-ounce) roasted red peppers drained
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fruity champagne or wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning (see note)
- red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated manchego cheese (or parmesan)
- 1 pound short cut pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1. To make the red pepper sauce. In a blender or food processor, combine the red peppers, walnuts, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, honey, 1 teaspoon paprika, cayenne, and a generous pinch of salt. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. 2. Set a large pot or skillet with sides over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon paprika, and a pinch each of red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until golden brown, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup manchego, cook another minute, then remove the chicken from the pot.3. To the same pot, pour in 3 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, add the pasta, and cook, stirring often, until the pasta is al dente, 8 minutes. Do not drain the pasta water. If needed, add additional water to help the pasta cook. 4. Stir in the roasted red pepper sauce (you may not need it all), manchego, and basil. Toss until very creamy and heated through. Slide in the chicken and any juices left on the plate.5. Serve the pasta topped with fresh manchego and arugula. Enjoy!
View Recipe Comments
Italian Seasoning: Mix 2 tablespoons dried basil, 2 tablespoons dried oregano, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, and 1 teaspoon dried sage. Store in a sealed container.