Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. Cauliflower and chickpeas, roasted with olive oil, smoky chipotle, paprika, and garlic until lightly charred, crisp, and delicious. All tossed together with a simple honey mustard vinaigrette, springtime salad greens, cucumbers, fresh herbs, feta cheese, and avocado for a salad that’s plentiful, healthy, and filling. Enjoy this salad for dinner and save the leftovers for lunch the next day. The perfect salad for all the summer days ahead.
This post is in partnership with KitchenAid.
With the longer days, warmer weather, and springtime produce now in stores, I am really embracing the “hearty” salads right now. And when it comes to salads, I really like them big, plentiful, and robust. No wimpy bowls of lettuce, you know?
Enter this roasted cauliflower salad. With a mix of roasted and fresh ingredients, it’s the perfect salad for summer. It’s also great for meal prep, and most importantly, it’s satisfying and delicious
Just like you guys, my life is go, go, go. And as I’ve said before, I am always in need of quick and easy recipes. Over the last year I’ve slowly learned one very simple trick that’s a true game-changer when it comes to getting healthy recipes on the table every day of the week…
Use your oven and let it do all the work for you!
Honestly, if there’s one tip I have to give, it’s to invest in an amazing oven and USE IT! My KitchenAid 6-Burner Dual Fuel Freestanding Range, Commercial Style (with a gas cooktop and electric oven) are put to use pretty much every single day. Whether I’m baking my favorite cake, roasting vegetables, oven frying chicken, or making a cheesy pizza, my dual fuel KitchenAid range is almost always in use. It’s honestly one of the most reliable kitchen appliances I’ve ever owned.
For this spring cauliflower salad, I roasted both the cauliflower and the chickpeas together on ONE sheet pan. I can trust my electric oven to evenly roast the cauliflower, and crisp up the chickpeas, so I crank the oven up to a super high temperature.
You’ll also need plenty of spring greens, cucumbers, your favorite herbs, avocado, and some good feta cheese. I wanted to keep the salad base simple, since the cauliflower and chickpeas are pretty filling and bulk the salad up with healthy fiber and protein.
For the vinaigrette, I went with something a little different. I made a creamy honey mustard vinaigrette using tahini, honey, mustard, and apple cider vinegar. This makes for an extra creamy, sweet, and tangy vinaigrette.
I love tossing ingredients onto a sheet pan and creating a meal out of it. Using just one sheet pan for an entire meal eliminates extra dishes, freeing up time for you to relax before dinner.
For me, this probably means baking up a batch of my favorite cookies, or mixing up a new cocktail. But you can pick your own guilty pleasure. Have some YOU time while your trusty oven cooks dinner for you. See, how could you not love appliances that take care of all the hard work for you?
Something that people don’t know a lot about, but is one of my favorite tools in the kitchen is the 6-Burner Dual Fuel Freestanding Range’s conversion system. The built-in conversion system takes all the guesswork out of convection cooking, always ensuring exceptional results. The convection settings provide even baking results on all racks, even browning and faster roasting times for meats, which decreases the cooking times needed to get delicious results similar to outdoor grilling. So cool, right?
I really love that this range is dual fuel. It’s truly the best of both worlds. Precise control and flexibility with a gas cooking surface, combined with the reliability of an electric oven. This was one of the main reasons I decided to go with this range, and I could not be happier.
So use your oven…starting with this healthy spring salad!
If you make this roasted cauliflower salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Watch The How To Video:
Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
Calories Per Serving: 648 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (14 ounce) chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, and or dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.2. On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and lightly charred.3. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, cucumbers, herbs, and chives.4. To make the vinaigrette. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or measuring cup and shake (or whisk) until completely smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.5. Toss the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas in with the salad. Add a little of the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Top the salad with avocado and feta cheese. Serve and enjoy! The salad keeps well for 3-4 days in the fridge, add the vinaigrette just before serving.