I could eat this Ricotta Naan with Fried Eggs and Sweet Potato Fries every single day.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It doesn’t matter.
This is one of those recipes that has the potential to be on repeat every single week, it’s just really, really good. It’s also healthy-ish, and super easy to make. OK, and it involves my homemade naan, which to this day is one of my top ten favorite HBH recipes (and consistently one of the top 3 blog favorites). If you have yet to make it, I am highly recommending that you give it a try. Like this week…it’s kind of life changing (no dramatics intended).
All January long, I wanted to make some kind of fried egg breakfast recipe, but I didn’t want to make toast. It seems as though January was filled with one too many recipes for avocado toast with an egg on top. Scroll through Instagram and there is photo after photo of avocado toast. I get it, it’s an amazing combo, and I too love eating it, but I figured you guys did not need yet another recipe for toast with avocado and eggs. So I didn’t post anything and decided to wait until I had a great idea that was a little different and definitely did not include any toast.
January came and went and I came up with nothing. Not a big deal. I shared plenty of delicious recipes.
But then? February came, and this naan situation happened, and it’s possibly the best breakfast/lunch/dinner ever. I mean, hello, not only is there fresh naan involved, but ricotta and sweet potatoes fries too.
Oh my gosh. So good.
Here’s the story. The other week I made a batch of my favorite Naan dough to be used for an upcoming recipe, but then that upcoming recipe turned out to be no good. Yes, it does happen. I have recipes that fail. It’s true.
Anyway, this recipe fail left me with an entire batch of homemade naan dough. I didn’t really have a plan for it so I let it sit in my fridge for a couple of days. When I realized it was getting a little old, I figured I better either just cook it and eat it (which is definitely not a bad option) or come up with a game plan for it.
I did a quick scroll through my recipe idea list for the next few weeks and landed myself back on that desire to make fried eggs. And then, it hit me. DUH.
Fried Eggs + Naan = yum.
Once I had that in my head, the rest just kind of fell into place. I needed something to spread onto my naan, so in came the ricotta. I also needed something bright and colorful, so in came the sweet potatoes.
Recipe = made.
I literally jumped up and got to work creating this fried egg and ricotta naan and could not have been happier with how it came together. But then, how could a combo like this not be yummy? You really can’t go wrong.
I started off by baking my sweet potatoes. While that was happening, I fried my eggs in a little olive oil, made a quick toasted sesame and paprika chili oil, stirred the ricotta with a little salt, lemon, and honey, and then began assembling.
It’s key to make sure your naan is toasted and warm before spreading it with the ricotta. My recommendation? Toast it in a skillet with a little olive oil or butter. Once the naan is warmed, spread with the ricotta mix, add your eggs, fries, avocado, and a handful of greens. Finish it off with a drizzle of that sesame oil and a sprinkle of salt.
Done and DONE.
Nothing too fancy, but everything put together makes for a pretty awesome, bright, and delicious meal.
Also, while I know this might be a little too much work for a weekday morning, it’s definitely not too much work for a weekday night, and I’m thinking that tonight is a breakfast for dinner kind of night. You guys in?
Ricotta Naan with Fried Eggs and Sweet Potato Fries
Servings: 4 servings
Calories Per Serving: 983 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into matchsticks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for cooking
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 pieces fresh naan
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch flaky sea salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, then flip and bake for 15-20 minutes more. You want the sweet potatoes to be tender, but crisp.3. Heat a skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat and fry the eggs to your liking. Remove the eggs and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, sesame seeds, paprika, chili flakes, and a pinch of salt. Cook 30 seconds or until the seeds are toasted. Remove from the heat. 4. In a bowl, mix the ricotta with a pinch of salt, lemon zest, and honey. 4. To assemble, spread each piece of naan with the ricotta mix. Top with fried eggs, sliced avocado, sweet potato fries, and arugula. Drizzle with the toasted sesame oil. EAT!
For real though, breakfast food is never not a good idea, it’s just the best!