Keeping things colorful and easy today with this One Skillet Greek Chicken and Orzo with Tomatoes, Feta, and Tzatziki. Greek inspired oregano chicken cooked together with bell peppers and orzo pasta to create a deliciously, healthy one skillet style summer dinner. The chicken is finished with garlic tomatoes, feta cheese, and creamy tzatziki sauce. It’s simple but mouthwatering and made in no time.
Did I mention to you guys that if we didn’t go to Mexico for our family vacation that Greece was next on our list?
Well, wait, it was next on my list, and personally my top choice. But seeing as Greece isn’t quite as easy to get to, the family went with Mexico (and we had a blast, so not complaining). I’ve always wanted to see Greece, and someday I definitely will. But for now I’ve been visiting vicariously through the photos I pin on Pinterest. They’ve inspired me to create dishes using ingredients commonly used in Greece.
Mexico won-out as our family trip this year. But I thought I’d at least share a simple recipe using Greek ingredients that I love.
This isn’t by any means a traditional Greek dinner. But it is made with plenty of delicious Greek ingredients…Greek oregano, salty feta, and a creamy tzatziki sauce.
This skillet chicken is simple…
And it all starts with the chicken. I wanted to use up some of the Greek oregano we have growing in the garden. So a simple garlic and paprika basil chicken with lots of oregano was perfect.
Simply sear the chicken in a big skillet, then toss it with a little balsamic vinegar.
Next comes the orzo and tomatoes
We know that I’m all about a one skillet meal. So I decided to just add some orzo and bell peppers right into the skillet. The orzo cooks in the juices and oils from the chicken. It adds flavor and creates a creamy, super delicious orzo.
While the orzo cooks, toss together the tomatoes with garlic and fresh basil. I kept the tomatoes simple to allow their summer flavors to really shine.
I love using heirloom tomatoes and sweet cherry tomatoes, but use what you’e got on hand. This time of year they should be delicious no matter what type you choose!
Finish it up – see simple!
When the orzo finishes cooking, I toss in the chicken and olives.
Now, here is what I love to do, spoon the tomatoes and oil over the chicken. The heat from the dish allows for the flavors of the tomatoes to really pop. You’ll immediately smell the fresh basil and garlic.
It’s so delicious.
Top everything with plenty of feta cheese and tzatziki. The cheese and tzatziki are extra delicious finishing touches. I wouldn’t skip out on them, trust me.
This is truly one of those dinners you will be so excited for. It’s full of color, flavor, texture, with deliciously seasoned chicken, tomatoes and plenty of feta cheese.
I hope you’ll enjoy making this all summer long…and plus, there’s no oven involved!
Looking for other dinners? Here are my favorites from year’s past.
Lastly, if you make this One Skillet Greek Chicken and Orzo with Tomatoes, Feta, and Tzatziki, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
One Skillet Greek Chicken and Orzo with Tomatoes, Feta, and Tzatziki
Calories Per Serving: 728 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bit size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 pinch each kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mixed Greek olives, pitted
- 2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- tzatziki, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. In a large skillet, toss together the olive oil, chicken, oregano, paprika, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is browned all over and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and garlic, cook another minute. Remove the chicken from the skillet. 2. To the skillet, add the bell peppers. Cook until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the orzo and 2 1/2 cups water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until almost all the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir the chicken and olives into the orzo. Allow the chicken to warm through, about 3 minutes.3. Meanwhile, toss all the ingredients for the tomatoes together in a bowl. Season with salt and red pepper flakes. 4. To serve, spoon the tomatoes over the chicken and gently toss. Serve each topped with feta cheese and tzatziki.