Honey Garlic Shrimp, Corn, and Avocado Bacon Salad…the perfect quick fix salad. Almost no-cook, comes together in minutes, and is so easy! Honey garlic seared shrimp cooked together with bacon. Then tossed up in a fresh salad with romaine, grilled corn, salty feta, and creamy avocado. The herby dressing makes everything even better. This salad is the simplest to put together, yet flavorful, filling, and pretty healthy too.
It’s a salad, but it’s not like any other salad. We all know how I feel about salads. If it’s boring, I don’t want it. But, if it’s a real deal, colorful, flavorful, dinner type of salad?
I’m all about it.
That’s 100% this salad. There’s nothing boring about it and it’s beyond delicious.
The inspiration for this salad ended up coming from a handful of different recipes. In the end, this salad transformed into something totally new and different from any other recipe I’ve done before. I love so much when a recipe starts out as an OK idea (as this one did) and then truly develops into something incredible.
This salad is quick and easy – here are the details
In keeping with my theme of quick, quick, quick summer recipes, this is one of my fastest yet. It all begins with the dressing, which is the key to adding really great flavor. It’s sweet, spicy, tangy, and just perfectly garlicky.
Once you have the dressing made, the rest is super quick.
Before you start cooking the shrimp, cook the bacon.
Toss the shrimp with some of the dressing, then sear it in a skillet. The shrimp ends up caramelizing a bit and becomes crispy and delicious.
The bacon and shrimp are the only things that need to be cooked, the rest is simply assembling!
Grab lots of fresh salad greens, then toss them together with some grilled corn and tomatoes and add the dressing. Next, I like to top the greens with the shrimp, bacon, and feta cheese.
This will give the salad a beautiful presentation!
You can enjoy this warm or cold, but I prefer the shrimp right out of the skillet while it’s still warm and crispy.
Totally and completely delicious, but yet still simple to make!
I realize I say this often, but this recipe really is so good. I love the color, the flavors, the textures, and of course, just how easy it is to make!
It’s one of those recipes that you’ll crave time and time again…all summer long.
Looking for other quick seafood dinners? Here are some favorites:
Lastly, if you make this Honey Garlic Shrimp, Corn, and Avocado Bacon Salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Honey Garlic Shrimp, Corn, and Avocado Bacon Salad
Calories Per Serving: 368 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 4-6 cups baby romaine, chopped
- 3 ears grilled corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and whisk until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.2. In a bowl, toss the shrimp with 1/3 of the dressing, making sure to scoop up a good amount of the garlic. Let sit 10 minutes. 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan. Add the shrimp and cook on both sides until seared, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat. 4. To make the salad. Combine the greens, corn, and tomatoes in a salad bowl and toss with a little dressing. Add the shrimp, bacon, and avocados. Spoon the dressing overtop. Top with feta. Season with freshly cracked pepper and salt. Serve warm or cold.