It’s banana crisp time.
Yup, that’s right.
Chocolate Kahlua sauce.
It was actually called one of my best desserts yet.
And it took me all of maybe ten minutes to put together.
Too bad the photos took me two full day and I still am not even close to being happy with them.
I am having the hardest time adjusting to this different light in Oregon. It is kicking my butt. Like big time.
Anyway, have you ever heard of a banana crisp? Cause I sure have not.
See I love berry crisp, but not for dessert and definitely not with chocolate. I am not a berry and chocolate person. I am however a banana and chocolate person. Especially bananas that are warm, gooey and caramelized. Bananas at their best.
Oh and the oatmeal cookie topping?
Yeah, I have no idea if it is really considered and oatmeal cooking topping, but it sure tastes like one, so I called it one. It’s buttery and crunchy and on top of the bananas?
So darn good.
But then there is more awesomeness.
The chocolate Kahula sauce.
Holy moly, oh my gosh. Wow.
Really that is all I have to say. The whole dessert is just awesome. Do everything, the crumble, the ice cream and the sauce. Seriously, don’t skimp on any of it. Oh, and did I mention it is so easy? Cause it is. All you need is one bowl, one baking dish and a bowl for the kahlua sauce. Done in 25 minutes. Yes!!
Plus, it is Friday and that means you get to eat a hot banana crisp with ice cream and chocolate kahlua sauce dripping down the ice cream. And really, there is no need for an ounce guilt about this crisp because one, bananas are crazy healthy and two, oatmeal is crazy heathy. Heck yes!
So let’s go get our crisps on!
Oatmeal Cookie Banana Crisp with Chocolate Kahlua Sauce
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 885 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 pyrex dish or 4 individual baking dishes with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large size bowl add the bananas, 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar and vanilla. Toss together and pour the mixture into the baking dish or dishes. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Use the same now empty bowl, add the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt and whisk together. Use your fingers to add in the softened butter, crumbling it together until it's evenly distributed. Sprinkle the crisp over the the bananas and place the baking dish or dishes on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crisps are golden and fruit is bubbly.
- While the crisp is baking, make the chocolate kahlua sauce. In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips, butter and honey. Microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring after each until the chocolate is melted, this took me only 1 minute. You may also melt the chocolate in a small pot over the stove. To the melted chocolate stir in the Kahlua and vanilla until the sauce is smooth.
- When the crisps are ready, serve immediately with ice cream and a large drizzle of the Kahlua sauce.
I say breakfast, lunch or dinner. Hey, it is bananas and oatmeal after all!