It’s official. I am rebelling against the universe.
This morning I woke up to a good foot of the white stuff. Yeah, snow. It is miserable and that’s all I am going to say about it because I am not going to complain to you guys anymore about all the snow.
Instead let’s talk about your weekend. We never do that. It’s always me, me, food, me and some more food.
Someone please tell me they enjoyed some beautiful spring weather, maybe did some grilling or Banana Bread making or gosh maybe you even went all out and made some killer Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Sandwiches. Oh, I wish we still had those leftovers sitting in the fridge.
Or maybe you just had a super lazy weekend and watched the Masters or better yet maybe you watched some heavy drama TV show.
Honestly, watching golf is so unappealing to me. I CAN’T do it. I want to scratch my eyes out. Plus, I am all about the drama. Fill me in. What are the good shows these days? I feel like I have not watch TV in forever. My last favorite show was Gilmore Girls and I think that ended like six years ago.
Yeah, I don’t watch a whole lot of TV. It’s bad.
Oh and yeah, I was a total Gilmore Girls fan. Love that show, still do.
I watch reruns when ever I can.
It’s pretty pathetic.
Ok, I have probably bored you to death.
I am sorry. Let talk Tex-Mex.
Or really lets talk wraps. Cause wraps are good.
Especially when they’re grilled. Like on the grill. It’s awesome.
Plus, there’s Tex-Mex grilled chicken, quinoa, the most amazing sweet and spicy Tex Mex dipping sauce, red peppers, spinach, avocado, cheddar cheese and cilantro. Then your gonna want to smother the whole thing in the sauce. The sauce is good. The chicken is good. Geez, the whole wrap is good.
Oh and guys, I can not stop with the avocados. I am pretty much going through at least one a day. At least. Probably two. It’s getting ridiculous.
Tex-Mex meals are so fun, plus with Cinco De Mayo coming they’re kind of perfect.
They’re kind perfect anyway. Just make the and I promise you won’t regret it.
Grilled Tex-Mex Chicken and Quinoa Wraps with Spicy Tex-Mex Sauce
Servings: 4 warps
Calories Per Serving: 744 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- In a medium size bowl combine the chicken, olive oil and taco seasoning. Toss well. When the grill is hot, grill the chicken for 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and allow to rest five minutes. After five minutes slice the chicken into strips. Set aside.
- To assemble the wraps create and assembly line of ingredients (spinach, quinoa, spicy Tex-Mex sauce, sliced chicken, sliced red pepper, sliced avocado, cheddar cheese and cilantro). Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Working with one tortilla at a time lay the spinach towards one end of the tortilla, place about 1/4 cup of the quinoa on top of the spinach and then drizzle a few tablespoons of the Tex-Mex sauce over the quinoa. Layer 1/4 of the sliced chicken on top and the add a few slices of the red pepper and avocado. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and add a few fresh cilantro leaves.
- To roll the wrap, fold the sides over the line of food and then roll the tortilla tightly up. Place the wraps directly on the preheated grill and grill for two minutes and then turn ad grill the other side for two minutes. Remove from the grill and if desired cut in half. Serve with remaining sauce.
- To make the sauce combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste. Use in the wraps and then serve with the wraps for dipping.
It’s time for some Tex-Mex!