Currently I have kids running around me in circles.
I am declaring myself a professional at taking care of kids. Somehow I seem to end up with kids. Lots of kids that I feed, change diapers, get dressed, entertain and put to bed.
No, I am not thirty and no, these kids are not mine.
And no, I don’t get paid to do this.
It’s just my life.
I am nineteen going on thirty.
Someone please send me a life.
My weekend has involved washing out bottles, making chicken nuggets and mac and cheese, and cleaning up messes that seem to re-appear minutes later.
Getting any work done in the kitchen is basically impossible.
You see my cousins are visiting. They seem very curious as to why I take pictures of my food. The questions never seem to stop. Neither does the snacking and drinking. Or the S’more making. Kids LOVE S’mores. Seriously, that’s got to be a fact. Marshmallows + Chocolate is like, kid heaven.
It’s amazing I got these photos taken without a hand in the picture or a foot or even a face.
Alright, I am getting all dramatic on you guys again. Obviously, my parent are doing most the work. I just pitch in because honestly I can’t say no to kids.
Their faces get me every time. They really know how to work me…
Ok, so the banana bread?
I put graham crackers in it. You know why?
Because I was so sick of making S’mores and then cleaning sticky fingers, faces and counters. I needed to use all the graham crackers. All of them. Every last one. Turns out is was one of the better ideas I have had lately. First off, because I now had a legitimate excuse as to why I couldn’t make any more S’mores, but more importantly, because this bread is a freaking amazing!
This bread is essential to my sanity right now. If you have kids, I am pretty sure you know what I am talking about.
Whole Wheat Graham Cracker Banana Bread
Servings: 8 Servings
Calories Per Serving: 365 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 1/2 cups [graham cracker crumbs|https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/honey-bunny-grahams/]
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan thoroughly with nonstick spray. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, whisking thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar until smooth. Add in coconut milk and canola oil, whisking until combined. Stir in mashed bananas and vanilla until mixed. Slowly stir in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter in the greased loaf pan.
- Place loaf pan on a baking sheet and set in the oven. Bake for 75-85 minutes, or until center is set. If the top begins to brown (mine did after about 45 minutes), tent the bread with aluminum foil.
- Remove and let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Gosh, I just love bananas! I hear they make little people sleepy!