Guys, I can not contain my excitement. I have held it in for far too long.
Like a whole two days! But it was two day’s too long and really if feels like a lot longer since this idea has been in the works for two weeks now.
Example 2: Buffalo Oven Fried Goat Cheese
Example 3: Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad
We’ll put Buffalo sauce on anything and everything around here, no chicken needed. Just the sauce. The sauce is where it is at.
Trust me, I break the sauce out multiple time a week. And no, I am not talking about the store-bought stuff. Actually, come to think of it I have never bought any from the store. Wait, I take that back. When we lived in Cleveland we would very occasionally get BW3’s and we would always buy the bottle of buffalo sauce and then my dad used to make boneless buffalo chicken with it.
It was good.
You guys all know that I have been on a fish (and a bit of seafood) kick lately (especially while my mom was away), so I thought, hey – what about buffalo shrimp.
Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Sandwich with Spicy Avocado Ranch Dressing! So, here’s the thing about the buffalo sauce. You got to add the butter. Butter makes the sauce. Don’t skimp either. Technically, you could use olive oil, but I do not recommend it. Sometimes you just gotta use a little butter.
Toasted whole grain french baguette, spicy avocado ranch (I am obsessed people), blue cheese, buffalo shrimp, extra buffalo sauce.
Yeah, it is maybe the best sandwich. No joke.
Really I do not have words.
Ok, ok, ok. Wait actually. I have to tell you about my new cutting board. Well, technically it is a bread board, but whatever. I’ll probably never use it as a cutting board. Seriously, though I am in love with board. I mean come on guys, isn’t awesome (oh, yeah it is the one in the pictures), isn’t it cute?
I know, I know, you’re thinking – seriously? But hey, sometimes it’s the simple things in life that excite you.
Anyway, you should make these sandwiches. Load them with avocado ranch or if that’s not your thing normal ranch, then load them with blue cheese, then load them with the buffalo shrimp, them some more blue cheese and buffalo sauce. Oh, and maybe throw in some lettuce if your into that. Just make um!
Oh, oh, oh and toast the baguette! It is so good that way!
Grilled Buffalo Shrimp Sandwiches with Spicy Avocado Ranch
Servings: 4 sandwiches
Calories Per Serving: 690 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
Buffalo Shrimp + Sauce
Spicy Avocado Ranch
For the Sandwiches
- 1 baguette toasted
- lettuce for layering
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- buffalo sauce for drizzling
- spicy avocado ranch for spreading
- In mixing bowl or glass measuring cup combine the melted butter, hot sauce and seasoned salt. Whisk to combine. Place the shrimp in a medium size bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the buffalo sauce and the olive oil. Make sure you coat the shrimp all over. Set aside. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- To make the spicy avocado ranch. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy, scraping down the sides occasionally when needed. Taste and season additionally if desired. The avocado ranch can be stored in a seal-tight container for 1-2 days.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan over high heat. Grill shrimp about 2 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the grill and toss the grilled shrimp with a few tablespoons of the remaining sauce. Don't use all the buffalo sauce, you want some to drizzle on the sandwich.
- Preheat the broiler with the rack in the upper third position. Halve the baguette and then halve again (you should now have 4 baguettes). Place each baguette directly on the oven rack and broil until toasted and brown around the edges, 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice each baguette in half length wise.
- Spread the spicy avocado ranch evenly across the bottom of each baguette. Layer on the lettuce, a sprinkle of blue cheese and a drizzle of buffalo sauce. Place the shrimp in an even layer across the bottom of the baguette. If desired drizzle with more spicy avocado ranch, buffalo sauce and another good sprinkle of blue cheese. At thins point you can throw them in the oven under the broiler to melt the cheese for about 1 minute. This is not crucial, but it is good! Place the top half of the baguette on top. And now, Enjoy!
Ah huh, it pretty much just says BITE ME!