Beware, these polenta chips are highly addicting.
Like HIGHLY, but I figure it’s ok because aside from the parmesan, which I do think is a must, these are actually pretty healthy.
And super quick + easy!
There is no frying, soaking or any other annoying tasks.
All you need to do is slice, grill and serve!
Personally I love these just at they are or with a little blue cheese, but you could go crazy with dipping options.
Ketchup, BBQ sauce, any kind of creamy dip or dressing, and oh my gosh, salsa and guacamole would be flipping amazing!! Now that I thought of it I am so trying that next, which means I’ll be making these again tomorrow. Sounds like a great mid afternoon break from the Florida sun – paired with a Pink Watermelon Lemonade Slushy. Oh yeah, I am so doing that!
Not only would these be great as a mid-day snack, but they would be the perfect party snack or appetizer for the Fourth of July. I still cannot believe that is a week from Friday. I better start thinking Red, White and Blue!
Grilled Parmesan Polenta Chips.
Servings: 30 Chips
Calories Per Serving: 31 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 2 ounce tubes polenta removed from plastic, cut into 1/4-1/2-inch slices, 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese grated (swap with nutritional yeast for a vegan version)
- salt + pepper for sprinkling
- gorgonzola or blue cheese for serving (optional)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and lightly rub your grill with olive oil.
- Brush both sides of the polenta cakes with the olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Lay the polenta rounds in one layer on the grill, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden and crunchy and have grill marks.
- Remove the cakes from the grill and place on a large plate to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. I love serving these with blue cheese, salsa or guacamole or simply snacking on them plain!
Now that is the perfect chip.