Keeping it simple today with this mouth wateringly delicious, Crispy Prosciutto, Asparagus, and Brie Toast. Toasted ciabatta bread, layered with melty Brie, roasted garlicky asparagus, and crispy prosciutto. Finish each piece of toast with a drizzle of sweet and spicy honey for a fresh take on “fancy toast”, aka…crostini. A great recipe to serve for a Mother’s Day brunch, as a simple appetizer, for lunch, or even a light dinner. Meaning, also perfect for entertaining.
This is the time of year when I almost always feel the need to switch things up. I hate to talk about the weather…but it’s snowing here again, like possibly a couple or more. All I will say is that this has me craving fresh flavors and spring food more than ever. And since I really didn’t feel like making yet another dinner recipe, or yet another dessert (don’t worry, both are still on the agenda for later this week), I decided to go the appetizer route.
I say this every single time I share a new appetizer with you guys, but it’s rare that I share appetizers. Most of the time I really love giving you all easy dinners that you can make that very same day, in your own homes. I realize this is what most of you are looking for day in and day out. BUT we need a few appetizer recipes too. Especially with upcoming Mother’s Day, and the late spring and summer entertaining season that is quickly approaching.
So yes, we need easy and delicious appetizers too, and today I have a GOOD one.
Not going to lie, it took me a long while to decide on this recipe. But as soon as I actually began the process of creating this fancy toast, I knew it was the right move. When I’m feeling unsure of things, and my confidence levels are LOW, I have the hardest time making any kind of decision. I realize this was not a big decision by any means. But I really do try so hard to only share the very best ideas and recipes with you guys. And a lot of the time, I can really end up over thinking things.
Point is, sometimes it’s best to just dive in and start something instead of wasting time over thinking. If only I could tell myself this in the moment. I’d save so much time!
Anyway, moving onto the details! This is a three-part process.
Part 1: roast the asparagus. I like to use a touch of olive oil, a good amount of garlic, and a pinch of salt. SIMPLE because we have other flavors that soon will be added. Like the prosciutto. It’s salty, savory, and personally I like it best when it’s extra crispy. Drape the prosciutto over the asparagus so that both can cook at the very same time.
How about that…killing two birds with one stone, you know?
Sidenote. I’ll never understand the whole “killing two birds with one stone” thing. It’s weird. And why would we ever be killing birds? I just don’t get it.
Part 2: make the melted brie toast. Yup, melted brie toast. So toasted bread with Brie melted all over top. I mean, this alone is so good. I could have stopped with the brie toast, but you know…
Part 3: the hot honey. Yes, we needed a “drizzle”, and it needed to be spicy honey. Because nothing goes better with brie than honey. Promise.
Now, all that’s left is to put this all together. Top the melted brie toast with the garlicky roasted asparagus and prosciutto. Drizzle with the honey and top with herbs. Serve and enjoy!
Simple, pretty, addicting…yep, I pretty much summed up this recipe up in three words.
If you make this crispy prosciutto, asparagus, and brie toast, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to also tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Crispy Prosciutto, Asparagus, and Brie Toast.
Calories Per Serving: 694 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch thin asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread, or any crusty bread, sliced
- 1 8 ounce brie wheel, sliced into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil leaves and thyme, for serving
View Recipe Comments
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.2. On a baking sheet, toss the asparagus and garlic with 4 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Drape the prosciutto over the asparagus. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 -20 minutes, or until the asparagus is lightly charred and the prosciutto crisp. Remove from the oven. 3. On a separate baking sheet, drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over the sliced bread. Transfer to the oven and cook 5 minutes. Then flip the bread and add a slice of brie to each. Return to the oven and cook 5 more minutes or until the brie is melted. 4. Meanwhile, make the spicy honey. Mix together the honey, vinegar, and crushed red pepper flakes. 5. To serve, arrange the brie toast on a serving plate. Top each toast with asparagus and prosciutto. Drizzle over the spicy honey, and top with fresh thyme, basil, and salt. Serve.