Coziest Homemade Hot Toddy Kit.
Say hello to my favorite Christmas gift of the year!
Homemade Hot Toddy Kits…probably just the coziest and cutest thing I’ve ever made! I’m not sure if you guys are into me posting holiday gifts and such, but I’m hoping you are because I am having so much fun with it! I actually had another post planned for today, but if fell through at the last-minute. However, Friday night I was getting all crafty, making Hot Toddy Kits as gifts. It’s pretty obvious I’m into homemade foodie gifts, but as I was talking with my bother Brendan, who loves Hot Toddy’s more than anyone I know, he was trying to get me to post a hot toddy recipe. Thing is, hot toddy’s are just so simple, so I wasn’t that into telling you guys about a recipe you could probably just whip up on your own. But then I had the idea of showing you how I make my hot toddy KITS, and suddenly everything just kind of came together…and here we are!
Me being me, I had to make this the coziest gift kit ever, and include things like a scarf, homemade cookies and a cute little ornament…you know, for good measure. I honestly cannot help it. It’s freezing cold here and all I want to do is stay bundled in my blankets. Even my cat will not go outside. I guess it’s too cold, but I mean, he NEEDS to go outside. I cannot take all of his energy, he’s driving me insane. I didn’t know a cat could have so much energy. Oh my gosh.
Anyway, point is that I am loving all the cozy things, and this kit is really just a refection of that. Most of the items I used to make the kit I bought at Target (the box and scarf), but the glass jar for the bourbon I bought on Amazon. For the honey, I used a cute little glass honey jar from Bee Lovely Botanicals, but you can use any small jar that you have in your pantry. The rest of the box is just spices and some homemade cookies! I figured that if we’re gifting someone a warm drink, they’ll need a yummy cookie to eat alongside, I mean, obviously!
Putting this all together is really easy. Once you have your box, you’ll just need to gather a few kitchen ingredients (honey, bourbon, citrus, and spices), find a fun mug, and start putting it all together. If you’d rather not include a scarf in your gift, just replace it with shredded crinkle cut paper. Feel free to be creative and use things that you feel are going to make your kit personal to the person receiving it. Just be sure to have fun putting your kit together…maybe even drink a hot toddy and snack on a cookie. <–yes DO THIS, perfect Sunday activities.
Below is my recipe for a Hot Toddy for you to make and enjoy…or for you to include in your kit! My brother Malachi made us all another cute recipe card to easily print off!! You can get the PDF here: Hot Toddy Recipe Card
Ok, so you ready?
Coziest Homemade Hot Toddy Kit.
- 1 cookie tin wooden or cardboard box
- 1 mug
- 1 scarf or paper shavings for stuffing
- ounces small jar of honey about 6
- ounces small jar of bourbon or whiskey about 8
- 1 clementine or lemon
- 4 slice [butter cookies | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/-n-bake-vanilla-brown-butter-pecan-cookies-dipped-chocolate/] optional
- kitchen twine labels, small glass jars or fabric bag (for the spices)
- Lay the scarf flat in your box, or if using crinkle cut paper shavings, fill the box. Stick the cloves all around the clementine. Add the nutmeg to the small glass jar. Arrange everything else neatly in the box, labeling things as desired. Seal the box and tie with a bow.
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons clementine juice or lemon juice
- cloves pinch of
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star ansie
- Add the bourbon, honey, and clementine juice to a mug. Add a tiny pinch of cloves. Pour over the boiling water and stir to combine using the cinnamon stick. Add the star ansie. Let sit 5 minutes. Drink!
Happy Hot Toddy making!!