Coffee and Fudge Ice Cream Cake…your go-to summer dessert. Super easy, simple, yet so delicious. The filling is made with 3 layers of ice cream…chocolate, coffee, and vanilla…then layered with graham crackers and the fudgiest homemade sauce! All the layers combined make for a deliciously sweet ice cream cake that’s chocolatey, with notes of coffee, vanilla, and very heavy on the fudge. This is everyone’s favorite ice cream cake that takes so little effort to make!
This post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes.
Oh, do you guys see the layers within this ice cream cake?! They’re so close to perfect!
I’ve made a lot of fun ice cream recipes this summer, but I think this cake is my favorite. Not only is it really easy to make, but the layers are made up of my very favorite flavors…chocolate, coffee, and vanilla.
And the homemade fudge sauce? Well it really does make this cake extra special
Let me tell you the quick details
The idea for this cake started with my homemade fudge sauce, which is one of my favorite things to make in the summertime. I love to serve it with ice cream any night of the week.
I used my staple butter that I keep stocked in my fridge at all times, Land O Lakes® Butter. You guys know how much I love my Land O Lakes® Butter. I’ve used Land O Lakes® Butter since before starting HBH, so it’s a tried-and-true favorite.
I love this high-quality salted butter, especially for my homemade fudge sauce. You can really taste the rich buttery flavor and hints of salt in Land O Lakes® Butter. And it really shines through in this fudge sauce.
To make the sauce, just add the butter, some cocoa powder, milk, sugar, and honey to a saucepan. Melt everything together until it’s smooth and creamy, then stir in the vanilla…simple!
Now let’s layer this cake up
Start with the chocolate ice cream, then graham crackers, then a heavy layer of fudge sauce. Now just repeat the layers, but with the coffee ice cream (or gelato, which is what I like to use), and then the final layer of vanilla ice cream.
Ideally, you want to freeze the cake overnight!
(coffee chip ice cream/gelato)
(chocolate ice cream)
Finish the cake up and serve!
When you’re ready to serve, invert the cake onto a serving plate.
Top with all that remaining fudge sauce and then a thick layer of whipped cream. For a pretty presentation, I love to dust the cake with cocoa powder and top with chocolate shavings!
Slice and eat…simple, easy, and so darn delicious! These layers together are magical, but the fudge sauce adds that extra layer of amazingness. This cake may be a bit over-the-top, but I’m all for it! As we head into these late August days, it’s fun desserts like this that bring us all together!
Lastly, if you make this Coffee and Fudge Ice Cream Cake, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Looking for other ice cream desserts? Some favorites of mine include…
Coffee and Fudge Ice Cream Cake
Calories Per Serving: 656 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint coffee chip ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 18-20 sheets graham crackers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. To make the fudge sauce: Combine the cocoa powder, cream, honey, sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, or until the butter and chocolate are melted and the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Let cool for 10 minutes. 2. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.3. Press the chocolate ice cream into the bottom of the pan, top with a layer of graham crackers, then about 1/3 cup of fudge sauce. Freeze 15 to 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer, add the coffee ice cream, another layer of graham crackers, and then 1/3 cup fudge sauce. Freeze 15 to 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer, add the vanilla ice cream, and then the final layer of graham crackers. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. 4. Keep the remaining fudge sauce in the fridge. 5. When ready to serve, warm the fudge sauce for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen, then invert the cake onto a platter and remove the paper. Pour the fudge sauce over cake and freeze 5 minutes. 6. Meanwhile, whip the cream and sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Dollop the cream over the cake. If desired dust with cocoa powder. Slice and serve immediately.