I made us something super delicious.
For breakfast, snack, or even lunch if you are feeling it.
It’s super crazy healthy, but so, so good and refreshing…especially if you live in a place where it is semi warm. Or at least NOT snowing.
Can’t say I live in that place, BUT…right now I am wishing I did.
So these bowls? They are so easy. Easy as in throw everything into a bowl the night before, blend the next morning and you’ll have breakfast ready to go in minutes. They may not be pancakes, but I am ok with that because they are such a gooood bowl.
You should also know, I love pancakes, so this is saying a lot.
Before anything though, you have to start with a batch of Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal.
It’s sort of like granola, but a little less caloric per cup, and crazy crunchy and delicious. Actually, the stuff is addicting, and eaten with some milk? So good, so my kind of snack. Good thing the recipe makes a lot. You’ll want some for these bowls and some to just plop in with milk.
But back to the bowls. Lots of texture going on.
Creamy from the oats and crunchy from the cereal. The best of both worlds if you ask me. Plus, there is even a little chew from the oats paired with the just right sweet flavor from the mangos. Oh, and the mint? The mint finishes the bowl off with that perfect pop of springtime freshness.
The coconut flavor is super subtle, but adds just the right amount of tropical flare and pairs awesomely with the mango, but if you can’t do coconut just use almond milk instead.
And of course, there is some chocolate too.
Because what’s breakfast without a little chocolate?
Sorry for the short and sweet post today. My mind had no stories to tell today, so I figured why try to type things that have no meaning and will probably annoy you to death? Thinking short and sweet is better than long, irritating and pointless.
My only point for the day – you need to give these bowls a try. The are easy, almost completely make ahead, and out of this world healthy and delicious. Perfect for any morning, snack or light meal. Also, make sure you go for the cereal. Best cereal ever.
Coconut Oats Smoothie Bowl with Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal + Mint.
Calories Per Serving: 621 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Save This Recipe To Your Collection
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes and access them on any device! You can keep track of your favorite recipes and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.
Already Registered? Login Now
Coconut Banana Oat Smoothie
Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal
- half a mango chopped or sliced
- 1 ounce dark chocolate chopped
- leaves fresh mint
- [Chocolate Toasted Coconut Butter | https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/sweet-banana-lumpia-milk-chocolate-toasted-coconut-butter/] or coconut butter melted for drizzling
- unsweetened coconut flakes
Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, almonds, cashews, sesame seeds and flax seeds. Stir in the honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, instant coffee and a pinch of salt, Mix well. Dump the mixture out over the 2 prepared baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 35-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until lightly golden brown all over. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing.
To make the Coconut Banana Oats
- Mix together the oats, 1/2 cup coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla and salt in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for for at least 30 minutes or preferably overnight. (Now is when I would make the quinoa cereal). The next morning add the mixture to a blender along with the remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk and banana. Blend until smooth and creamy.
To Assemble the Bowl.
- Pour the creamy oats into a bowl. Top with the crunchy quinoa cereal, sliced mango and chopped chocolate. Add some mint and a drizzle of chocolate coconut butter or coconut butter if desired. Eat!
Don’t skip the coconut butter drizzle either, it’s the best.