Bringing you all the spring/summer vibes with my Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch. Peppery, lemon chicken grilled up and thinly sliced. Then tossed together with creamy avocado cilantro dressing, tomatoes, crispy bacon, and your favorite cheese. The avocado ranch is quite possibly one of my favorite dressings. It’s great atop this salad, but also doubles as a yummy dip for chips and crackers.
Oh, how I adore this salad! You all, this week’s recipes have been some of my favorites to share in a long time. I of course love each and every recipe I share with you all, but some feel more special than others.
This week’s recipes have so much color and flavor. Plus, each recipe has been simple to toss together, which feels key to me as we head into the summer months.
And this salad goes right along with the rest of this week’s recipes, colorful, flavorful, and really simple. My favorite element has to be the creamy avocado ranch dressing. It’s become one of my favorites.
Let’s talk details
Go ahead and start with the chicken. I’m a big fan of lemon pepper seasoning, so to keep the recipe simple, that’s what I’m using here. You could also use something a little spicier, like a Cajun seasoning. But I think using something lemony and peppery is so nice in the spring and summer.
Toss the chicken with seasonings, then grill it up. For easy grilling, I use chicken tenders, which cook up so fast!
While the chicken cooks, get started on the dressing. You’ll need a blender or food processor for the dressing to purée the avocado.
Simply add all the ingredients: avocado, yogurt, mayo, lemon, cilantro, chives, dill, and garlic powder to your blender along with salt and pepper.
Blend until creamy!! I usually thin the dressing with buttermilk if I have some on hand. Or you can also just use water.
The rest is assembly. Toss the greens with the dressing. Now arrange the cherry tomatoes, cheese, crumbled bacon, and avocado on top. I like to include a handful of fresh basil and cilantro as well.
Then simply serve up the salad, always with the remaining dressing on the side!
If you want to make this ahead of time, I recommend assembling the salad first, but leave the dressing and cubed avocado off until just ready to enjoy.
And if you’re hosting friends for dinner – make this! It never disappoints, and it doubles as the prettiest centerpiece for any dinner table!
Looking for other fun recipes? Here are a few ideas:
Lastly, if you make this Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Above all, I love to hear from you guys and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado Ranch
Calories Per Serving: 597 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons cajun or lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes. sliced
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese or cubed cheddar
- 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
View Recipe Comments
- 1. In a bowl, toss the chicken with olive oil and seasoning. SThen season with salt and pepper. Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken until lightly charred and cooked through, turning halfway through cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes.2. To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy, adding buttermilk or water to thin the dressing. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.3. Thinly slice or chop the chicken.4. In a large bowl, toss the greens, basil, and cilantro with 1/2 the dressing. Arrange the chicken, tomatoes, cheese, bacon, avocado, and eggs on top. Gently give the salad a toss with additional dressing. Enjoy!