It is Friday! Lets do some holiday making…
with some Christmas blondies….of course. I mean would you expect anything less?
First can we have a little chat?
Why are Blondies called Blondies?
Really, I can not figure it out. I mean I know some blondies do not have chocolate in them, so I can understand why those blondies would be called blondies. But what about the blondie recipes with chocolate? I mean are they really any different than a chocolate chip cookie bar?
I do not know, but I am calling these blondies simply because the original recipe, that these were based off, were called blondies. I am pretty sure the only thing I did NOT change in the recipe was the amount of flour. Unfortunately though, I can no longer find the recipe. Moving on… I proceeded to make a giant mess in kitchen while toasting nuts, chopping chocolate and melting butter. Seriously, I have a problem. I can not follow a recipe!
Luckily, these turned out delicious (believe me I have had my fair share of disasters though, umm cake exploding all over the oven. Anyone?)
I adapted these yummy blondies to be a fun Christmas treat by using the Nestle Holiday Chocolate Chips. When I saw these cute little chips in the store in late October I snatched them up! Seriously, I bought like 5 bags! They were just too cute and you know I did not want them to run out!
If sadly, your store does not carry these Holiday chips just use mini or regular holiday M&M’s, they are just as yummy and festive! I used Holiday M&M’s last Christmas when the Holiday chocolate chips did not exist (at least in my neck of the mountains). And if your are not into the holiday colors (um, really though don’t be a Grinch) or want to make these during the other 11 months of the year, just use chocolate chips! Whatever you decide, just make um!
Christmas Chocolate Crunch Blondies
Servings: 18 Bars
Calories Per Serving: 367 kcal
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts toasted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 2 1/4 cup holiday chocolate chips or 3/4 cup holiday M&Ms and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter melted, 2 sticks
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
View Recipe Comments
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 inch Pyrex pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer add the flour, brown sugar, walnuts, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add 2 cups of the holiday chocolate chips, or 1/2 cups of holiday M&M's and 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared Pyrex dish.
- Chop the remaining chips or candies and sprinkle on to of the blondies.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting.
Merry, merry making!
*Linking up with: Foodie Friday Friends
Could I leave out the walnuts in this?
Yes, that would be fine to do. I hope you love the recipe, please let me know if you give it a try! xTieghan